(SOLD) RSD Mayor v5 medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I can vouch this is a sweet ride indeed. @munk1e sorry it didn’t work out and GLWS!

PS Let me know if you end up selling it without the Mastodon. I could be interested as mine is fully rigid.

munk1e

I can vouch this is a sweet ride indeed. @munk1e sorry it didn’t work out and GLWS!

PS Let me know if you end up selling it without the Mastodon. I could be interested as mine is fully rigid.
I thought of you in that scenario, I'll keep you posted! And yeah I'm disappointed, but I have something else in mind... I'll see if it pans out.

Reactions: Tim

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would maybe be interested, don't need either fork though. I also don't really need the wheels, but I'm guessing you aren't really looking to part this out that much.

pygmypony

equally sad to see this but totally get it...good luck with the sale, and can vouch - @munk1e is super good peeps, and this bike is SWEET

munk1e

I would maybe be interested, don't need either fork though. I also don't really need the wheels, but I'm guessing you aren't really looking to part this out that much.
I'd like to try and sell it all in one shot, and I just posted it up today, but I'd be fine with splitting it up if I don't see much interest in the next couple of days.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd like to try and sell it all in one shot, and I just posted it up today, but I'd be fine with splitting it up if I don't see much interest in the next couple of days.

Totally understandable. I would buy it as is, but I already have a fat bike with a 100mm Mastodon, and I've been eying up the Mayor v5 but with a 120mm Mastodon instead. And you can't pay me enough money to go back to riding a rigid fat bike 🤣🤣🤣

munk1e

Totally understandable. I would buy it as is, but I already have a fat bike with a 100mm Mastodon, and I've been eying up the Mayor v5 but with a 120mm Mastodon instead. And you can't pay me enough money to go back to riding a rigid fat bike 🤣🤣🤣
Haha fair enough, well if anyone chimes in on the wheelset and whiskey rigid fork then everyone wins!

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I thought all Mastodons had adjustable travel?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought all Mastodons had adjustable travel?
My understanding is you can adjust the 100 down to 80, and the 120 up to 140. I don't think you can go from 100 to 120.

Reactions: Tim

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
My understanding is you can adjust the 100 down to 80, and the 120 up to 140. I don't think you can go from 100 to 120.
Take a look at the IVA cap, if you see a white dot the fork can adjust to at least 120 and maybe 140. They changed to the longer stanchions around late 2019. So STD/EXT or 80-100 / 120-140 should all have the same internals. You may need spacers though.

I changed my wifes STD to and EXT mid-2020 since it kept hitting the fender at full extension and I liked mine which was a 120EXT. See the link below it has the details.

munk1e

Take a look at the IVA cap, if you see a white dot the fork can adjust to at least 120 and maybe 140. They changed to the longer stanchions around late 2019. So STD/EXT or 80-100 / 120-140 should all have the same internals. You may need spacers though.

I changed my wifes STD to and EXT mid-2020 since it kept hitting the fender at full extension and I liked mine which was a 120EXT. See the link below it has the details.

Thanks for chiming in, I had seen that PDF and was confused about the conflicting information. I did check my fork and it does have the white dot on the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom