6 Mile Run Conditions

Cassinonorth

@MadisonDan thank you. Will join up Jorba. I remember attending a skills training at Allaire a long time ago.

Edit: This is what I was talking about "Yield to those who are climbing unless they pull over first for a break or to gift the descender no interruption." I thought it was the opposite that folks coming down the trail had right of way. Thanks for the link.

Don't sweat it...plenty of riders don't abide by that rule. I almost got ran off the trail Sunday at Ringwood by a guy descending with his off leash dog.

BuckChoklit

Was there today for a quick lunch ride. Finally for to try out red and white. Pretty nice and dry. BTW why is there a fridge on white and how the hell did it get there? 🤷🏾‍♂️

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Was there today for a quick lunch ride. Finally for to try out red and white. Pretty nice and dry. BTW why is there a fridge on white and how the hell did it get there? 🤷🏾‍♂️
It needs some rain it’s so dry. My son and I were out this early afternoon and it’s dusty.

there’s a lot back in that area. There’s a baby pool just by the berms at Blackwell Mills.

jredone

Looks like someone left a ziplock bag with a GoPro and accessories in the Jacques Ln lot. It’s set on top of the wooden fence where the parking lot extension begins.

lot of valuable stuff in there so if it’s yours shoot me a message with what’s in it and Ill grab it and hang onto it for you. Otherwise I’ll just leave it and hope the owner comes back to claim it. I’ll be here for a few hours, maybe there a lost and found forum in here this can be reposted in?

Deamon59

Don't sweat it...plenty of riders don't abide by that rule. I almost got ran off the trail Sunday at Ringwood by a guy descending with his off leash dog.
I think there needs to be more signage about trail rules & etiquette, especially with all the new trail users.

The 2 things i think really need to be communicated clearly are:
  • Cyclists must yield to all other trail users (like hikers)
  • Uphill has right of way
One thing i'm not sure about is if a cyclist is riding uphill and a hiker is going downhill, who has right of way.

I know a lot of times hikers will yield to me before i get the chance to yeild to them by nature of the difference in speed.

Deamon59

Part of the nica course - it can be accessed from the red trail, east of where red velvet tees in.
Is that the red trail east or west of Middlebrush Rd? I was riding the trail east of Middlebrush last weekend and i had trouble finding any trail off red that looked newly cut.

Piston Honda

Is that the red trail east or west of Middlebrush Rd? I was riding the trail east of Middlebrush last weekend and i had trouble finding any trail off red that looked newly cut.
It's west of Middlebush. Stay on red towards Canal and skip white. Go through the dip/stream and then another 50ish feet it will be on your left.

Path is cleared, but not much of a trail yet.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i'd say it tees in right about here

40.47280502279575, -74.55711317766193

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Rode the full loop today. Really dry and hard. Lots of short cuts in the Twisties. I tried to block off the worst ones. Even with no rain the water was almost over the concrete bridge. I cleared as much as I could with no tools and it was much lower when I came back through.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Even with no rain the water was almost over the concrete bridge.
@Patrick when he reads this
1621684417923.gif

Deamon59

It's west of Middlebush. Stay on red towards Canal and skip white. Go through the dip/stream and then another 50ish feet it will be on your left.

Path is cleared, but not much of a trail yet.
Ok thanks! I remember seeing a cleared path with red tape tied to the trees but the ground wasn't really a trail yet. Your description combined with the GPS coordinates makes me think that was it.

choop

We just got the ok to run that section as a part of the June 6th race. After the race it should be well burned in.
Any chance of getting an updated course map? I know there are a few teams pre riding over the next week

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions