Weekend Update - November 15/16

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's been a few weeks but we're still here. Plenty of stuff going on this week. Last week, we announced the 2009 MTBNJ Raffle. Precise details still being worked out but the general format is there. We got Pedal Sports of Oakland to offer MTBNJ members 10% for a one day sale. We have TM sessions at Wawayanda, Chimney Rock, and Allaire this weekend. And finally, we have some Cross Dressing action at Mercer. So take your pick, lots to do this weekend.

Events

Now (now) - 2009 MTBNJ Raffle - It's rolling.
11/15 (Sat) - Pedal Sports Sale - MTBNJ members get 10% off.

Races

11/15 (Sat) - Mercer day 1 - See Fred ride!
11/16 (Sun) - Mercer day 2 - See Fred drink!

Rides

11/15 (Sat) - Trek Demo Day at the Tourne - Check out the '09s

TM Sessions

11/15 (Sat) - Wawayanda TM - Clearing out some trails before winter
11/16 (Sun) - Allaire TM - Raffle eligible TM session!
11/16 (Sun) - Chimney Rock TM - Raffle eligible TM session!

Trail Conditions

So, how are the trails holding up by you?

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just wanted to point out that both Allaire and Chimney Rock are official MTBNJ Raffle Eligible JORBA TM Sessions (tm 1976, all rights reserved, offer void where prohibited, an additional processing fee may be applied to residents of Hawaii and Alaska, may contain peanuts).

I will be at the Chimney Rock TM session, as step 2 of my 3 step plan to get my 10 hours of PayDirt in before Christmas. So far I have 4. See if you can keep up. Perhaps we can have a special New Year's Raffle where only people with as many (or more) hours as I have are eligible. Any interest?

xc62701

I was at Wawayanda yesterday and the trails are leafy but in great shape. Get out and ride!!!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Same goes for Ringwood. Dried out from Sunday for sure. Enjoy the long sight lines as most of the leaves are down. The winter look is here ...:cry:

Deezul

I may be headed to Clayton on Sunday. Anyone know how nice the trails will be after the rain we've been having?

BiknBen

I may be headed to Clayton on Sunday. Anyone know how nice the trails will be after the rain we've been having?

Clayton tends to drain very quickly. With rain expected for Saturday, I don't know how good it will be. The only place that drains better is Allaire. Just don't tell anyone else that MmmKay???

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Curious...

Just wanted to point out that both Allaire and Chimney Rock are official MTBNJ Raffle Eligible JORBA TM Sessions

Was wondering why Waway was not eligible, and what are the qualifications for eligibility??? Curious minds would like to know...

BTW- Allamuchy conditions look good, most blow down cleared up and trails were fast yesterday...let see how much rain we get.

Bob W.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was wondering why Waway was not eligible, and what are the qualifications for eligibility??? Curious minds would like to know...

Bob W.

Funny you should ask...

So we're walking out of the MD TM on Sunday, and down comes this group of riders. So of course it's this clan of Black Bear riders and who is among them but JeffStick? So we get in a big fight because they won't help us out and at the end Steve is like the Soup Nazi in Seinfeld and yells, "No raffle for you!"

But seriously...we needed to come up with some rules from the door and we decided that the TM session needed to be posted up here 2 weeks in advance. Basically, we want to make sure that the MTBNJ users can look at the calendar and see a session in advance and plan for it.

We removed the birthdays from the calendar so that only "real" events will show up. I'm hoping that next year we can get all TM sessions, races, and official group rides posted so that the Calendar becomes a useful tool for everyone.

Jeff pulled over and we had a good conversation Sunday. I'm hoping to get the Waway sessions more on the map next year, especially since we have 2 team riders that live backed up to the park.

While we're here, any more Allamuchy sessions this year?

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Hartshorne and Huber

We got a lot of rain today, and more on the way. So after it stops,give it a day or two to dry up.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
11/15 (Sat) - Pedal Sports Sale - MTBNJ members get 10% off.

Hey! I heard they're also selling bikes at rock bottom prices.
.... Is this in celebration of me being gone this weekend?:hmmm:

Seriously, if you're in the northern hemisphere, check it out. IMHO, these guys are the best. You'll even recognize a few as the 8am Sundays in RW lot C crew. Top notch help, awesome wrenches and take it from me, they're just as much fun when they're not clad in lycra.:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom