Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Absolutely amazing trails at Mine Hill. I rode there solo yesterday and think I did it all minus some fire roads. I definitely plan to be back.

Much respect to JORBA and who maintains these trails. Marty’s tribute trail is one of the best trails I’ve ever ridden.

50407492-634D-4BF8-8B65-C65D649E77CA.jpeg
9F8448FF-41E9-491F-A8DA-7DB2FA51641A.jpeg

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Rode here for the first time in a while and everything was in great shape this afternoon (although I skipped river crossing trail). The only wet spot was on new yellow where the business park runoff flows into the trail by the daycare place. That spot really needs a bridge. The logs on new yellow should stay in my opinion. They don't hinder the flow or character of the trail, they're solid and safe and offer a skills building opportunity. I rode them in both directions no problem. I did use my handsaw to cut out an elevated rotten log toward the bottom of orange. Marty's trail is looking and riding sweet!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Somebody posted this in a Facebook group.... anyone know where it is? It was their first time there so they didn’t really know where they were.
1619702634619.png

kaitlyn

I'm hankering for a ride, but am mindful that it rained yesterday. Any knowledge on how long the trails take to dry out? I tend to come up from the lower parking up the fire road and then work west from there along the top. Thanks.

stilluf

Trails dry very quickly here. Not sure why, maybe because trails are so rocky and/or the topography and/or the flooded mine shafts act like a drainage system, but consistently these trails dry quickly and are typically in much better shape than other parks. You should be fine.

ebarker9

I'm heading there in a bit. Trails usually dry really well other than a few spots...creek crossing and the top of the new yellow connector trail.

kaitlyn

So, I had a great ride today. I totally appreciate all the work going in on Marty's Trail, and saw a skinny that I have to sesh. I suck at skinnies. Pretty sweet, and yes, that puddle at the top of yellow. I didn't realize how quickly these trails dry, so this will be my go-to after the rain. Thanks, peeps!

R0B

Are there any side trails that drop down to the main trail network from Canfield Ave that would be recommended?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions