Marsh Creek Race 11/9

Glancing Aft

I think I'm going to give it a shot. Looks like only about 2,600 feet of climb over 18 miles for sport, so shouldn't be bad at all. I just hope frankenbike stays together for it.

Anybody else? (It's about 20 min west of King of Prussian Mall as a reference point)

scotth

I'll be there, this will be my first race in Sport:)

Scott

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

It was a fun course! The first three miles ran along a lake with some fun single track, the next section was a little dull with some field riding and even a little bit on pavement, then the last four miles had some brutal climbs, and interesting descents and one really cool section that went by some ruins. All in all a great race! Racing Single Speed is fun too, I'm feeling it in my legs today!

Scott, sorry I didn't get to chat it up with you, I saw you cross the finish line, but didn't see you after that.

scotth

If my wife and son don't come to a race I usually make a quick getaway. Some of those twisty climbs came out of nowhere, the one near the river the marshall told me that only one guy made it up so far. The grass, road & the gravel road I could do without, thats where I got passed. Sport was fun, but it was a looong 18 miles! Is there such a thing as a comefortable saddle?

Scott

Glancing Aft

Sport was fun, but it was a looong 18 miles!

You picked a long course to do your first sport race with! But sounds like you're glad you did it. :) And some of those climbs where such a pain. The one along the fence really did me in the second time.

xc62701

You picked a long course to do your first sport race with! But sounds like you're glad you did it. :) And some of those climbs where such a pain. The one along the fence really did me in the second time.

You didn't metion how Alyssa did? Did she beat ya? ;)

Glancing Aft

You didn't metion how Alyssa did? Did she beat ya? ;)

:rofl: Actually I think she pulled a faster lap time (with her one lap) then I did with either of mine. I think it's time someone moves up to sport :rolleyes:

BTW, I placed 5th after battling it out on the final climb with another SSer, not bad for my first try at it. I almost felt bad passing him on his blinged out Niner with my $200 beater bike. Also had I just entered the race in 19-34 instead of ss I would have podiumed :getsome:

Last edited:

xc62701

:rofl: Actually I think she pulled a faster lap time (with her one lap) then I did with either of mine. I think it's time someone moves up to sport :rolleyes:

BTW, I placed 5th after battling it out on the final climb with another SSer, not bad for my first try at it. I almost felt bad passing him on his blinged out Niner with my $200 beater bike. Also had I just entered the race in 19-34 instead of ss I would have podiumed :getsome:

Sweet! Yea it's time for her to step up. It's great you had such a cool experience the first race out. It's a different ballgame for sure. One I might try more next year. Congrats on the 5th!

Top Bottom