This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

JerseyPete

We just received an email that our son is to return to full in school instruction on May 17th.
I find that hard to believe given that there are still cases popping up every other week at the school and kids under 16 cannot get the vaccine yet.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We just received an email that our son is to return to full in school instruction on May 17th.
I find that hard to believe given that there are still cases popping up every other week at the school and kids under 16 cannot get the vaccine yet.
our junior school returned to 5 day/week this morning....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

We've only had 1 spreading event at school - and that was on the track team.
50% students in-person every other day since the beginning of the year.
The cases that have been popping-up have traced to outside the school, and not causing a problem in the school.
desks are spread out, masks in-place, hallways and stairwells have a direction. no gym, no study hall, no lunch.
school is about 4 hours long. (they have to do gym logs on their own)

Reactions: don

JerseyPete

The email said return to a full 9 class day and most of the case notification emails are about exposure to positive infected people coming into the school. My son just got his vaccines for college and has to wait until late May to get the Covid vaccine per the Dr.

rick81721

Lothar
I'm from corporate, and I'm here to help.

Funny thing about corporations - they employ people. Here in FL, leisure and hospitality is a significant percentage of the workforce and is still down by almost 20%. FL unemployment has dropped from 5.8 to 4.7% over the last 5 months but L&H needs help.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
i hope its true, but i dont have high hopes.

im well past sick of masks
Masks suck, especially if you've had your second vaccination and still need to wear one, but get used to them, because they're not going away for a looooong time. There will be a good segment of the population that will wear their masks forever, period. They done a pretty good job of hammering it into everyone's heads that a simple cloth covering over your face stops the spread of disease, contrary to whatever science or common sense dictates. Most people think you can still spread disease even after you've been vaccinated by being one of these mythical "healthy carriers". Also, a private business or establishment is within their rights to require all patrons wear a mask. It looks like masks will be the new normal going forward, so you may as well get one that's comfortable yet stylish.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Funny thing about corporations - they employ people. Here in FL, leisure and hospitality is a significant percentage of the workforce and is still down by almost 20%. FL unemployment has dropped from 5.8 to 4.7% over the last 5 months but L&H needs help.

yes - so the popularity/opinion poll says they should act normal so people visit and spend money.
He wants to get re-elected, or be president, or a senator.

The good news is that if the number of new infections stay high, maybe it will convince people to get vaccinated.
rather than reporting on the 1 in whatever breakthrough cases or the horrible side-effects, they can continue to report on the number of unvaccinated people
getting covid (with possible symptom/outcome being death) because they don't want to take any precautions, or maybe error on the conservative side for a few more weeks/months.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
No one here concerned that you might be that 4-6% or whatever that percentage is?
Do we need to take an antibody test to be sure?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do you feel about that?
Due to some learning issues we're still working thru, he's actually been 5 days/week since January, so he's already used to the schedule. Will check in with him when he gets home to find out how it went. There is a % of the student body that has opted for 100% full remote, although, I'm not sure what that number is.

JerseyPete

Due to some learning issues we're still working thru, he's actually been 5 days/week since January, so he's already used to the schedule. Will check in with him when he gets home to find out how it went. There is a % of the student body that has opted for 100% full remote, although, I'm not sure what that number is.
Our email did not indicate any remote option and that is where our concern is.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also, a private business or establishment is within their rights to require all patrons wear a mask. It looks like masks will be the new normal going forward, so you may as well get one that's comfortable yet stylish.

True, but there will come a point where people are so fed up with masks that they will find establishments which DONT have those requirements, and the ones that do will suffer financially for it (or people will ignore it and make a scene if you bring it up, YMMV)

I never stopped. I just want to bonfire these masks.

This ALL THE F*KING WAY

Top Bottom