This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

rick81721

Lothar
undisputed leader in new cases.

Pat - undisputed leader in silly statistics and comparisons. How many times do we have to go over raw new case counts aren't relevant - population based and % positive are.

Undisputed leader in new cases/population = Michigan, followed by Colorado. There might be more lower in your list, I didn't bother to check.

People dying in NJ at only a 28% higher rate than FL - improving!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
How do we know he wasn't fully vaccinated? Because he was young, obnoxious and drove a loud car? Stereotype much??

My reading comprehension is shit can you highlight where I mentioned his vaccination status, age, attitude, or car's noise pollution?

You seemed to get a lot of information from saying sactap that guy...

rick81721

Lothar
My reading comprehension is shit can you highlight where I mentioned his vaccination status, age, attitude, or car's noise pollution?

You seemed to get a lot of information from saying sactap that guy...

So why sactap a guy for not wearing a mask at a quick check??

rick81721

Lothar
Big sign on front door saying mask required. Quick Check private biz rules. Until rule changes in NJ, just comply or move to FL.
in NJ masks are required in side businesses.

So what? If you are vaccinated, not necessary. I'll tell you one person who won't be wearing masks in stores in NJ - me!

PS I occasionally saw people not wearing masks in food stores in NJ last year - no one threw them out

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
People dying in NJ at only a 28% higher rate than FL - improving!

No they aren't. Current death rates are similar by population as dying is not a linear function of catching the coronavirus.

and marching out states being "worse" which have similar mask guidance to fla might not be your best gambit.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So what? If you are vaccinated, not necessary. I'll tell you one person who won't be wearing masks in stores in NJ - me!

PS I occasionally saw people not wearing masks in food stores in NJ last year - no one threw them out
Because you put a high school kid in the position is having to kick a grumpy old man out. I assume you also go in without a shirt and in bare feet.

From my perspective, if there is a sign, it is disrespectful to the business, the people working there and the other people shopping.

rick81721

Lothar
No they aren't. Current death rates are similar by population as dying is not a linear function of catching the coronavirus.

and marching out states being "worse" which have similar mask guidance to fla might not be your best gambit.

PS undisputed leader in covid deaths/population = NJ. 57% higher to date vs FL

1New Jersey1,000,010+1,19825,600+12781,536192,874112,5862,882

rick81721

Lothar
From my perspective, if there is a sign, it is disrespectful to the business, the people working there and the other people shopping.

From my perspective (i.e. from science), once you are vaccinated, you are not a threat. Get back to normal. I look forward to some high school kid trying to throw me out :p

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
PS undisputed leader in covid deaths/population = NJ. 57% higher to date vs FL

1New Jersey1,000,010+1,19825,600+12781,536192,874112,5862,882

so you are using the 1 or 2 months data when NY/NJ/CT/MA did all the learning so the rest of the states would know what to do?
ancient history that has no bearing on the current numbers.

use the current 7 day mortality rate by population that had not caught C19 yet. it will be similar.
this then asks the question, why is the deaths/covid case fraction so different? they aren't counting the same is the answer.
or they have a different policy on getting people tested.

i'll get the positivity rate down, i'll pay $100 to anyone that wants a test.
can show up 1x every two weeks.

rick81721

Lothar
so you are using the 1 or 2 months data when NY/NJ/CT/MA did all the learning so the rest of the states would know what to do?

No I'm using all the data to date. And then looking at the latest 7 day averages - similar data.
use the current 7 day mortality rate by population that had not caught C19 yet. it will be similar.
I did. NJ is significantly higher. It is not similar.
this then asks the question, why is the deaths/covid case fraction so different? they aren't counting the same is the answer.

Better protection of the most vulnerable. Remember, people in NJ could lie to get vaccines ahead of geezers. Your last two sentences are the usual assumptions based on nothing. I knew this was coming! :D

340px-Jerryseinfe.jpg

rick81721

Lothar

i'll get the positivity rate down, i'll pay $100 to anyone that wants a test.
can show up 1x every two weeks.

PS NJ is doing a better job at vaccinations vs FL, which is probably why the decline is sharper. Tho I believe FL did better getting the geezers first. To date:

Completely vaccinated, NJ = 33%, FL = 30%
Total people at least partially vaccinated, NJ = 46%, FL = 42%

USA as a whole (and probably mirrored in most states), daily vaccinations continue to decline. I'd like to see 60% get vaccinated, let's hope we get there. There is no shortage of vaccines now.

mfennell

To put numbers on it: From June 27 (i picked June 27 because NJ had a jump as a bunch of deaths were counted) 2020 to today:
NJ: 120 deaths/100,000
FL: 150 deaths/100,000
North Dakota: 185 deaths/100,000
South Dakota: 210 deaths/100,000 (!!!)

Edit: Sorry - source https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends_dailytrendscases

Last edited:
Top Bottom