Volunteers Needed: Tourne Adopt-A-Trail Program

kerribeth

Any takers for Yellow or White?

I'd like to send Amy the list on Monday before she does the proposed trail hike with her boss/team, so let me know this weekend if you have any interest.

Thank you!

kerribeth

Hi everyone,
I sent our Adopt-A-Trail volunteer list to Amy Lutsko today and she was very impressed that we filled all spots except the white trail. I told her that the mountain biking community is excited that she has engaged with us and that she wants to make the park better. She said she'll be sending out some info and instructions soon to the volunteers. She also mentioned that she GPS'd the proposed trail today and will be sending the map through the appropriate channels. As soon as I get any news on this, I will let you all know.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who volunteered to adopt a trail!!

Kerri

Cassinonorth

Hi everyone,
I sent our Adopt-A-Trail volunteer list to Amy Lutsko today and she was very impressed that we filled all spots except the white trail. I told her that the mountain biking community is excited that she has engaged with us and that she wants to make the park better. She said she'll be sending out some info and instructions soon to the volunteers. She also mentioned that she GPS'd the proposed trail today and will be sending the map through the appropriate channels. As soon as I get any news on this, I will let you all know.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who volunteered to adopt a trail!!

Kerri

I'll take white. It's my closest legal trail anywho. Shooting you a PM now.

Mtbdog

4/20/21
Red West is clear of obstructions and garbage.
20210420_150655.jpg

20210420_150702.jpg

Hey everyone,

As some of you may know, I’ve been working with Amy Lutsko from the Morris County Park Commission on getting a new trail approved at Tourne. In an effort to show that this park NEEDS mountain bikers (which may help in getting this trail and future trails approved), I’m hoping some of you will join me in participating in her new Adopt-A-Trail program.

Responsibilities:
  • Visit the trail often enough that you can help maintain it and keep it clear.
  • Report your findings and any maintenance hours on quarterly basis.
  • Report trees that are down and blocking the trail that would require a chain saw for removal.
She’s giving the mountain biking community first dibs on adopting a trail at Tourne. Since I both ride and hike often from home on Red-East, I can definitely take that one.

These are the 10 trail segments available that need a volunteer to adopt:
  1. Yellow
  2. Teal
  3. Purple
  4. Pink
  5. Blue (Not available – Already Assigned)
  6. Green
  7. Red – North
  8. Red- West
  9. Red- East (Not available – Already Assigned)
  10. White
The attached map shows the break down for reference.

If you are interested, please let me know ASAP. She’ll be sending this out to the general public next week.
I’ll need to give her:
  • Your first and last name
  • Email address
  • Primary Phone
  • Segment(s) that you’re interested in
Please message me with this info if you're interested.
Thank you in advance for your participation!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions