Automatic Espresso Machines

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Anyone have any experiences? A contact at work raved about the Phillips 3200 and for $800 seemed like a good anniversary gift for my wife. Wanted to check here before making the dive.

Thanks.

ilnadi

we have a Miele. It is very convenient to walk up to it in the morning, push a button, wait while half asleep. And it does make good coffee.
one caveat, there is a bit of maintenance (a few minutes a day, 10min a week, 30min a month)
and they are extremely complicated pieces of equipment so I expect issues down the line.

I do miss my lo-tech espresso machine, it was more intimate.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Make sure to update!

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anyone have any experiences? A contact at work raved about the Phillips 3200 and for $800 seemed like a good anniversary gift for my wife. Wanted to check here before making the dive.

Thanks.
if you are cool with $800 look at the Breville Barista Pro once you dial it in with a coffee you like it's amazing and takes 2 mins to make a coffee

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have the Delonghi Eletta (the first one I had for 10 years, the second one is going on 3 now) and it makes the most lovely crema on the espresso. I like lattes. We experiment with quality, small batch beans from various coffee roasters. Right now we are using Founders from Brooklyn.

HOWEVER - I also got the $30 Aeropress from Amazon for traveling and I have to say, the espressos are almost as good!

Top Bottom