Raritan 911: Robocop

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. It hasn't really hit me yet; that may take a few weeks. It's a bittersweet feeling, but it's also a young man's game and the rules aren't getting any easier. I'm sure I'll find something else to do. Hopefully it will also involve yelling insults at millennials, even if it means getting fired.

mfennell

Congrats. My daughter's school has several retired officers on security staff. The former chief of police of West Long Branch was head of security for a while. From the outside looking in, it seemed like a good mix of keeping active and keeping sharp (I mean, they weren't scouting for snipers but they obviously spent time thinking about how they did things) while maintaining a normal schedule. You can still supplement with event work.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congrats. My daughter's school has several retired officers on security staff. The former chief of police of West Long Branch was head of security for a while. From the outside looking in, it seemed like a good mix of keeping active and keeping sharp (I mean, they weren't scouting for snipers but they obviously spent time thinking about how they did things) while maintaining a normal schedule. You can still supplement with event work.

I haven't worked M-F, 8-4 at any point in my life. 3 days a week was always plenty for me (although 12 hour shifts). Then on top of it you'll lock me in a building with 1000 kids and their liberal teachers? Yeah, not a chance. Someone else can do the parking lot accidents and cyber-harassment reports. I'd be miserable and would get fired.

rick81721

Lothar
I haven't worked M-F, 8-4 at any point in my life. 3 days a week was always plenty for me (although 12 hour shifts). Then on top of it you'll lock me in a building with 1000 kids and their liberal teachers? Yeah, not a chance. Someone else can do the parking lot accidents and cyber-harassment reports. I'd be miserable and would get fired.

Set new delivery time records!

https://www.doordash.com/dasher/signup/?utm_source=google-sem-non-brand&utm_medium=semu&utm_campaign=dx_us_se_su_go_acq_300xxx_1420048066_+_nb_all_sarasota_300&utm_term=+driver +delivery&utm_content=431588032210_._CjwKCAjw6qqDBhB-EiwACBs6x8DLtxGfUry72ZnQasDAiszpraPllJf7wbxKDgNMK0AkSPnZqiLkphoCwLkQAvD_BwE&kclickid=_k_CjwKCAjw6qqDBhB-EiwACBs6x8DLtxGfUry72ZnQasDAiszpraPllJf7wbxKDgNMK0AkSPnZqiLkphoCwLkQAvD_BwE_k_&gclid=CjwKCAjw6qqDBhB-EiwACBs6x8DLtxGfUry72ZnQasDAiszpraPllJf7wbxKDgNMK0AkSPnZqiLkphoCwLkQAvD_BwE

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My friend retired from Sayreville PD 2 years ago, he got a gig with a bomb sniffer dog. I can only text him at certain times during the work week because they, i mean, the dog has to nap...

Dogs take shits. You're supposed to pick that up. Next idea...

Talked to the owner of the Driving School today. I mean, it is what it is. Minimum commitment is 60 hours a month. It's mostly afternoons but he needs a few Saturdays a month. I dunno. I told him I'd think about it. Dee says I can't yell at students like I did the Millennial officers. I said yes I can, it just might get me fired, which seems reasonable.

The owner told me I could take home one of the cars. I said yeah but it's a Kia Rio with two brake pedals.

JerseyPete

Dogs take shits. You're supposed to pick that up. Next idea...

Talked to the owner of the Driving School today. I mean, it is what it is. Minimum commitment is 60 hours a month. It's mostly afternoons but he needs a few Saturdays a month. I dunno. I told him I'd think about it. Dee says I can't yell at students like I did the Millennial officers. I said yes I can, it just might get me fired, which seems reasonable.

The owner told me I could take home one of the cars. I said yeah but it's a Kia Rio with two brake pedals.
As a parent with a 17 year old, I would really have preferred to have a cop teach him, yell at him if needed, and reinforce to him what driving in NJ is about. I know that is also my job as well, but it seems that having a stranger push it helps it sink in a little.
On another note, do you care if you get fired from a job at this point? Not being a dick, just that you are secure and don't have it hanging over you like you did as an officer.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As a parent with a 17 year old, I would really have preferred to have a cop teach him, yell at him if needed, and reinforce to him what driving in NJ is about. I know that is also my job as well, but it seems that having a stranger push it helps it sink in a little.
On another note, do you care if you get fired from a job at this point? Not being a dick, just that you are secure and don't have it hanging over you like you did as an officer.

This is exactly what the owner said. An authority figure who has a strong knowledge of motor vehicle law and practical application of how things go bad (remember the health class movie "Blood on the Highway"). But my training and experience don't translate into more pay. But it would make me in demand and I could see him wanting me to work more hours. My charm does that to people.

No I have ZERO qualms about losing a job. ZERO. I hope to be able to toss 6 or 7 W-2s at my tax guy at the end of the year because I can't hold a job.

I just don't want to put someone else in the position of depending on me and me letting them down for whatever reason. A new job is going to have to work for me. 2 Saturdays a month may not work. I was solidly dependable for 25 years. I plan on being much less so moving forward.

rick81721

Lothar
No I have ZERO qualms about losing a job. ZERO. I hope to be able to toss 6 or 7 W-2s at my tax guy at the end of the year because I can't hold a job.

Since I have never been fired from a job in my life, I had this notion after retiring to get some menial jobs, doing jack shit and getting fired just for the experience, but I never followed thru. Gotta get fired once for the bucket list!

Top Bottom