Classic bike ride, show, parade?

JonF

Some of you may recall I restored my fathers old Ross Force 1 from back in the 80's and posted my experinece along the way. I actually remember when he bought it because he also bought me a Schwinn something or other from Bernie's bike shop (i was ~7-8 y/o at the time) at the same time and we rode all over together, up to the local park and back (Veterans park in Hamilton if anyone is familiar).

Recently i put a child seat on the back because apparently you can't do that with a Carbon XC bike and we're out riding together like my and my pop back in the day. Luckily the seat comes off easy so i can go shred klunkers with all the other old's. :D

image0.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I like the idea of a cruise but would rather do a proper singletrack ride than rail trail (bc fun and also because my classic steed is SS). Nassau is probably good for all abilities/geometries and equally close to High Rail! High Rail probably too small for a big group with covid restrictions in place though. Picnic by the pump track?

serviceguy

I like the idea of a cruise but would rather do a proper singletrack ride than rail trail (bc fun and also because my classic steed is SS). Nassau is probably good for all abilities/geometries and equally close to High Rail! High Rail probably too small for a big group with covid restrictions in place though. Picnic by the pump track?
SS as in single speed? While I do ride it on single track I’m not entirely sure it would be more fun, but again I don’t know Nassau.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I didn't realize that it was MTB only. I was assuming that some would bring road, gravel or BMX bikes also.

Mare

Just don't forget to text me with the details. Otherwise it will happen and I will miss it. Good way to exclude me I guess, but I'll find out eventually. 😂

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
I need another project like a hole in the head, but it was really bothering me that I might not have something to bring to this if it happens. I tried to give this away multiple times on here and got no takers so I'm going to make a gravel bike build. Complete with the Pete's Cycle shop sticker.
IMG_20210401_221303176.jpg
IMG_20210401_221538929.jpg

Anyone have some really cheap brifters ( 9-10 speed fine)? Probably be up for sale shortly after the event for what I have in it in parts.😁

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

I need another project like a hole in the head, but it was really bothering me that I might not have something to bring to this if it happens. I tried to give this away multiple times on here and got no takers so I'm going to make a gravel bike build. Complete with the Pete's Cycle shop sticker. View attachment 154929View attachment 154930Anyone have some really cheap brifters ( 9-10 speed fine)? Probably be up for sale shortly after the event for what I have in it in parts.😁

I *think* Super Records are good candidates for 650b conversions. Check out the C&V section at bike forums. The long-reach side pulls or center pulls are no slouches with modern forgings.

Fire Lord Jim

I need another project like a hole in the head, but it was really bothering me that I might not have something to bring to this if it happens. I tried to give this away multiple times on here and got no takers so I'm going to make a gravel bike build. Complete with the Pete's Cycle shop sticker. View attachment 154929View attachment 154930Anyone have some really cheap brifters ( 9-10 speed fine)? Probably be up for sale shortly after the event for what I have in it in parts.😁

Top Bottom