Things that make you frown :(

JDurk

Even if I carried a spare tube I would rather change just the valve, a lot easier and faster as it doesn’t require to pop o by e side of the tire out and then back into the rim, which can be a PITA.
I'll agree on that. Less messy dealing with sealant everywhere. Maybe I should put a spare valve in my tire kit.

serviceguy

??? you have to pop the beat off to change the valve, and once you have enough off to get the valve back in the whole thing just slides right off, then you have the same work with or without the tube.
it depends on how deep are the rims, the deeper the easier. On this combo rim/tire (Rekon 29x2.6 and WTB Asym i35) the bead is tight fit even at the center of the rim, so it would have to come out. It's not that bad, but definitely faster to just change the valve.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
it depends on how deep are the rims, the deeper the easier. On this combo rim/tire (Rekon 29x2.6 and WTB Asym i35) the bead is tight fit even at the center of the rim, so it would have to come out. It's not that bad, but definitely faster to just change the valve.
Carry a light 27.5 x 2 tube. It’ll work in 29x6 tires, maybe even bigger. Always bring a tube. Don’t be that guy.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Sunny day. Need to drop the truck off for routine maintenance. Decide to bring my son’s escooter and take a leisurely glide home. Hit a pothole, get tossed and twist the bars. Can’t turn them back. Waiting for wife to get me. :confused:

91E96EB9-2521-4C92-AAA7-C0873117E313.jpeg

Cassinonorth

View attachment 153437

i live nowhere near rahway, this was supposed to be delivered MONDAY, and who said USPS was a reliable shipper?

also p.s. this is the 5th package in the last month they sent to rahway incorrectly. someone really needs to be fired.

USPS is freaking gutted right now. They've been a mess for months...I've gotten into arguments with buyers on FB marketplace over it.

iman29

big frown :-(

finding out your manager has colon cancer, after last week finding out that his job role is being eliminated later this summer due to corporate restructuring.

good reality check for whats important in life. now I will also schedule my overdue colonoscopy and annual physical. Cause you never know.

serviceguy

Nothing too serious when put into perspective, but ordering 2 set of presta valves and 1 Shimano XT cassette spacer and receiving only 1 set of valves (missing the color that I REALLY needed) and the wrong spacer. And it took a week from Lewitton, PA.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Nothing too serious when put into perspective, but ordering 2 set of presta valves and 1 Shimano XT cassette spacer and receiving only 1 set of valves (missing the color that I REALLY needed) and the wrong spacer. And it took a week from Lewitton, PA.
I know the place you ordered from, is it Larry’s? They show everything “in stock”, but order everything from quality or whatever distributor. They print the shipping label quickly and then wait for the item to arrive before it actually ships. I live 10 min from there and it takes a week + also.

serviceguy

I know the place you ordered from, is it Larry’s? They show everything “in stock”, but order everything from quality or whatever distributor. They print the shipping label quickly and then wait for the item to arrive before it actually ships. I live 10 min from there and it takes a week + also.
Yes it is, and you described the MO to a tee. I believe I got screwed once before and forgot all about it. I’m giving this clown until Monday to respond then I’ll file a claim with eBay. My mistake really, I should have been more carefull.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
big frown :-(

finding out your manager has colon cancer, after last week finding out that his job role is being eliminated later this summer due to corporate restructuring.

good reality check for whats important in life. now I will also schedule my overdue colonoscopy and annual physical. Cause you never know.
That’s terrible. Sending good juju so this guy pulls through. I postponed my annual for 6 months because of covid only to find out I’m anemic. I go for a colonoscopy tomorrow.

Definitely don’t put these things off.

iman29

For the 4th time since Sunday another optimum service outage.

Now even the text support service doesn’t work. Or maybe they blocked my number.

🤬

EB50F0F4-8F71-4FE8-B07F-5CBCCD68E476.png

MMuller

10-4 on optimum. Since Altice took over a year ago they've become evil. Switch to Fios understanding they know they're monopolies and they got us. For the hassle of switching I'd save $5/month and lose service.

iman29

10-4 on optimum. Since Altice took over a year ago they've become evil. Switch to Fios understanding they know they're monopolies and they got us. For the hassle of switching I'd save $5/month and lose service.
yeah we had Fios when they first came to the area, they sucked me into a special deal and then 2 years later wanted $35 more per month for LESS channels. Been dealing with Opti-suck for years now but its time to switch again i have had enough with their BS.

Cause right now I have to use my phone as a hotspot to work (and to post on here which is much more important that work anyway). was back online this morning and been out again for the last 1.5 hours.

SAD Optimum.

1615916822004.png

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For the 4th time since Sunday another optimum service outage.

Now even the text support service doesn’t work. Or maybe they blocked my number.

🤬

View attachment 153896
I know, at least in my area, they did a bunch of emergency bandaid repairs after the last big storm. My guess is those are starting to fail or they are actually doing the proper repairs. I’ve been having random blips in service for a couple weeks now.

Top Bottom