Crosstastic 6-Mile fun!! Thursday mornings!!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hello my fellow 'cross dressers. Wanna tear up 6-Mile thursday mornings? Of course you do. Meet me in the Canal Road lot at 9am. Much fun will commence. Pace will be what you expect from guys with shaved legs in skinsuits:D

-Jim.

PS-Mountain bikes welcome, but you will get made fun of the entire duration of the ride. You may even cry and/or go out and buy a 'cross bike just to fit in. Rigid 29ers with skinny tires may qualify as a 'cross bike, a vote will be made by all involved parties to the extent of taunting you will receive.

PPS-You're feet are going to get wet, come prepared.

PPPS-To make it more crosstacular, we will run-up the climbs and dismount over log piles!!

Last edited:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
thursday mornings? pfff......

lately the only bike i ride a six mile is my fixie. does that count as cross?

Last edited:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hmmmm, Jim V it may be time for a beat down son :getsome: :mad2:

R to the C ... :lock:

Sorry, I think the lock is cute :p

Steve Vai

FYI. The ride is ON rain or shine!! They don't cancel 'cross races because of weather, you might as well figure out how to control your bike in Belgium-like conditions before you make an ass of yourself at the races:rofl:

But do something to waterproof your feet, the stream crossing WILL be deep:getsome:

-Jim.

dhsean

I'm showing up with hairy legs and my mountain bike. No dismounting, just slaying the corners and throwing down some tail whips. It's on until you all make me puke in the corn fields trying to keep up.

ArmyOfNone

Its gonna be ugly tomorrow. I am still undecided about making an appearance. The thought of two off days before two days of getting my legs ripped off sounds nice.

bobkennelly

Hello my fellow 'cross dressers. Wanna tear up 6-Mile thursday mornings? Of course you do. Meet me in the Canal Road lot at 9am. Much fun will commence. Pace will be what you expect from guys with shaved legs in skinsuits:D

-Jim.

PS-Mountain bikes welcome, but you will get made fun of the entire duration of the ride. You may even cry and/or go out and buy a 'cross bike just to fit in. Rigid 29ers with skinny tires may qualify as a 'cross bike, a vote will be made by all involved parties to the extent of taunting you will receive.

PPS-You're feet are going to get wet, come prepared.

PPPS-To make it more crosstacular, we will run-up the climbs and dismount over log piles!!

You are one nutty guy, the crazy thing is that I would probably be there with you in this weather, is mild out, have fun and I look forward to seeing you Sunday at Jamesburg...

Bobke

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
FYI. The ride is ON rain or shine!! They don't cancel 'cross races because of weather, you might as well figure out how to control your bike in Belgium-like conditions before you make an ass of yourself at the races:rofl:

But do something to waterproof your feet, the stream crossing WILL be deep:getsome:

-Jim.
Hope you guys brought your snorkels this morning. I bet it's more like Waterworld than Belgium out there right now...

dhsean

I made it through without a snorkel. Jim nearly got washed away. It was dam warm for November who cares if it was raining. We got out safe.

My Salsa looked like guacamole gone bad. :D

Steve Vai

It's a good thing things have been milder at the shop, it gave me time to rebuild my bike:D

-Jim.

Top Bottom