Ringwood 11/9 Lot C 8am

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Continuing the Sunday am No-Drop Beginner/Intermediate rides...
We will wait at intersections, offer pointers and allow time to re-do rocks, logsticles etc., if desired.

We'll roll out promptly at 8am and be back in the lot by 10am so you can head home or go back and play some more. In fact, this week is Pete's B-day so when we get back to the lot, we can celebrate with cookies(I'll bring the cookies) and then chase him around Ringwood on his 10am ride!!

If you'd like to ride one of the Specialized demos from Pedal Sports let me know. Since we only have two demos, you'll have to reserve with me to be sure to get one(and to be sure we bring them both). Available are a Specialized FSR Stumpjumper and a FSR XC both are men's medium. Men or women can reserve to Demo *no charge* on this ride.

PM me for my contact # and to let us know you're coming so I make enough cookies.
:hmmm: Shall I make Oatmeal or Choc Chip? :D

Last edited:
G

Greenman

I was out early last Sunday, and decided to meander over to Lot C to meet some of the people here on the forum. Even though it was a beginner ride I didn’t mind it was a nice day to just cruise with good people.

If you’re a beginner/intermediate, and would like to get to know RSP I would highly recommend going with this group.
They did a nice ride that was perfect for the level experience for the group, and helped out with questions and riding tips. Plus you can try out some FS bikes to boot if you like!
So hook up with these guys and get out and ride you wont be disappointed :)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
hello cyclopath can i come too!!

ps: i'm sorry i didn't you're a woman.:D

Shhhhh! I love the element of surprise.

Yes, Liong, you're welcome to join us!

And don't be sorry about the sex thing, I'm really okay with it.
Yeah, my lungs and heart might be 1/3 smaller but I look on the bright side...
I can almost go as fast as you guys and when I land on my top tube my singing career isn't over.:D

jontotman

I may join you guys again if my friends decided not to go to Round Valley this coming Sunday. I'll confirm Saturday night. I wouldn't want to miss those free cookies....chocolate chip cookies.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Okay, gang.

Get ready for good times and plenty of laughs as we're shaping up into another fine group.

The Stumpjumper FSR is reserved for this ride, the FSRxc is still available.
If you still want to demo the Stumpjumper, I can probably get clearance to keep it longer, like for Pete's B-day ride. :D
Best if I know ahead of time(like by Saturday 5pm) so I can get clearance from Pedal Sports to hang onto it.

PM for questions and such!

Robson

I can't speak for everyone but wet trails never stopped me yet from riding...
Yesterday Ringwood trails were not bad at all.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Do you guys ride if the trails are wet?

We ride the trails and we help maintain the trails. So, we don't want to ride trails that are gushy, soaked or apt to be really damaged by our being there. Fortunately, this week's rain has amounted to little more than drizzle in the scheme of things. There are lots of wet leaves but, except for a few spots, the trails are basically fine.

We'll ride responsibly, but we must ride...
The fate of the cookies is at stake!!!:D

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Liong,
My co-leader is a former marine.
Arrive by 8, fall in and the fun begins!!

Call my cell if you get to the lot a bit late(my bs card is on my dash) we'll loop around and get you. Better yet, I pm'd you my cell#.
Meet me at Pedal Sports in Oakland at 7:30am. I'll toss your bike on my rack and save you some energy for the back to back ride.

Directions here:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...te=NJ&zipcode=07436&historyid=&submit=Get+Map

First batch of cookies just came out of the oven... mmmmmmmm.
I hope Pete likes choc chip.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
T

tupacamaru

man... Not gonna make it for the cookies. :(
I hope we're riding next weekend.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
We'll miss you and your comet tattoo, tupa, but no cookies for you next week... unless someone else bakes them.

This week, we have some experimental varieties of the famous toll house cookies which may never be able to be duplicated. My 10year old admitted after the first batch came out nice and crisp, but totally flat, that she lost count of how many cups of flour went in. :hmmm: So I fixed it for the second batch and added a bit too much flour. Those sit up nice and tall and firm...:eek: Not exactly what I was going for, but they're still choc chip and still good.

We will ride again next week!

And tupa, get lots of practice on those new clips before you go off road with them. We don't want to see an entire constellation of bruises on your chest:p.

R

rltrock

Great ride, awesome cookies.

Who ever thought wet trail can be so much fun and wheat flour cookies could taste so good.

Thanks guys for leading/baking. Great initiation for a beginner to Ringwood and my new bike.

Looking forward to riding again next Sun.

liong71er

thanks to cyclopath for providing those delicious home made cookies.:)
what a great group of peoples to riding with.

thank you,..hope i can make it next week.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Liong is a nut, but he's a good nut. He rode his bike to RW from Clifton before we hit the trails, rode for two hours with us, then rode home. He is certainly for real and he's amazing... he can trackstand as still as a tree.

Speaking of trees... He also found out that I'm for real and even saw the strange magnetism known only between me and certain random trees. On a nice wide fire road, and for no apparent reason, my bike suddenly veered to the left and forced me straight down a sizable embankment towards a huge tree. Like a skilled rider on a runaway horse, I did manage to regain control of my steed before certain disaster... but not without witness.:eek:

The funniest moment of the day:
We had been riding for @ 1 1/2 hrs, fighting through rock gardens covered in wet leaves. We hit the end of the racecourse as it wraps around the shooting range. Ka-pop! Ka-pop! A new rider, Kevin(a roadie), asks me if there are hunters. I assure him there aren't. We hit the fire road down and around past Potake Pond and pause for a rider to wash sand from his eye. A pick-up truck comes down the fire road out of nowhere, pulls to the side and two guys hop out.

Without missing a beat, Kevin sounds so sincere and says, "If one of them pulls out a banjo, I am outta here sooo fast!"
We all practically landed on the floor, laughing. I swear, I'm still laughing.

There will be a ride next week. Same time same place(Sorry, the gate was locked for lot C at 8am so we were in B today) Tony and the General(Leigh) will lead(I think Greenman offered to assist?). I am away at a music convention where there will be much playing, singing, jamming, eating and wide open coolers of adult beverages in every room and every hallway. (I know, but someone's got to to it.)
Oh, and Kevin, there will be banjos.:hysterica

Last edited:
R

rltrock

Veteran's Day Ringwood (Tues)

Anybody up for riding Ringwood with an advanced beginner on Veterans Day? I have the day off on Tues and after today's intro ride, wanted to head back there.

Top Bottom