Things that make you frown :(

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I missed it was UST as well, that's the issue. Running a tubeless ready tire more than likely. It'll seat but usually you'll need to throw a wrap or 2 of tubeless tape in there.
F'ing Mavic. šŸ˜¤ Okay, I'll try an extra layer of tape and see how it goes. TY!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Removed tire, wrapped it (twice) with gorilla tape then lubed up the bead on both sides with dishwashing soap. Removed the valve core, pumped up the 6 gallon compressor then blasted that b***h on to the rim.

I did it! I diiiiid it!!! šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜¶

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Removed tire, wrapped it (twice) with gorilla tape then lubed up the bead on both sides with dishwashing soap. Removed the valve core, pumped up the 6 gallon compressor then blasted that b***h on to the rim.

I did it! I diiiiid it!!! šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜‚šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜¶
Was really hoping for fire.

Ian F

One of the traits of UST (and arguably the reason it's not really around anymore as a standard) was rather strict manufacturing tolerances. Just because it's the same tire model doesn't mean two tires are exactly the same - or at least not to UST levels. Modern tubeless tires/rims tend to be a little more forgiving.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I was mistaken. My Mavic XA Pro wheels use a hookless rim. Itā€™s a traditional tubeless setup and not UST. Still, itā€™s a deep rim and benefited from an extra layer of tape.

serviceguy

Seating the bead on a tire rated up to 56 psi and having it blowing up on my face at less than 40 psi. As a result my ears have been ringing since yesterday. Only after I realized how shallow is the wall on the Stan's ZTR Rapid rims...

johnbryanpeters

Seating the bead on a tire rated up to 56 psi and having it blowing up on my face at less than 40 psi. As a result my ears have been ringing since yesterday. Only after I realized how shallow is the wall on the Stan's ZTR Rapid rims...
Rims also have specified pressure limitations...

iman29

so pissed right now...

this ahole shows up to repair someone elses issue nearby and without any advanced notice goes up on the pole and disconnects my house!

1614290220763.png

I went out to ask him in my least possible sarcastic voice (yeah not really least possible)

excuse me - so whats the chance you disconnected my house since i know you are not here fixing any issues I reported.

ahole: - yeah thats probably true cause I dont know which line is which so I had to take it off - but it should be good in a few minutes.

me: - well dont you think with with everyone working at home all the time a heads up to the houses nearby might be a good idea?

ahole:- well sorry it should be back now I had to fix something.

me: yeah well assuming you had no choice to disconnect everything, what about telling people youre gonna do that before you cut off my service.

ahole: no response as he starts packing up his ladder and shit

I have been in IT services and support Management for 30 years if I pulled that crap I am fired on the spot. tried calling into customer service to get a supervisor and they left me on hold for 25 minutes until they came back on the line and told me they have to escalate to the dispatch office only via email! what are we in 1999??

told "Vanessa" if I dont get a call back by tomorrow I am canceling my service. Stay tuned.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
so pissed right now...

this ahole shows up to repair someone elses issue nearby and without any advanced notice goes up on the pole and disconnects my house!

View attachment 152565

I went out to ask him in my least possible sarcastic voice (yeah not really least possible)

excuse me - so whats the chance you disconnected my house since i know you are not here fixing any issues I reported.

ahole: - yeah thats probably true cause I dont know which line is which so I had to take it off - but it should be good in a few minutes.

me: - well dont you think with with everyone working at home all the time a heads up to the houses nearby might be a good idea?

me: yeah well assuming you had no choice to disconnect everything, what about telling people youre gonna do that before you cut off my service.

I have been in IT services and support Management for 30 years if I pulled that crap I am fired on the spot. tried calling into customer service to get a supervisor and they left me on hold for 25 minutes until they came back on the line and told me they have to escalate to the dispatch office only via email! what are we in 1999??

told "Vanessa" if I dont get a call back by tomorrow I am canceling my service. Stay tuned.

like he can't use a tone generator on the grounding block outside the house to figure out which wire he should be futzing with?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
not sure if this belongs here or DIY but thi came to mind first so

saw a dark spot on the ceiling in the kitchen, go to look into it and the drywall is more like paste than powder :O

View attachment 152103

the entire middle stud bay was damp, went upstairs to look at the shower (directly above the right hand joist of the long opening)

View attachment 152102

it was a little damp on the outside of the pan but not where i would have expected it.

looks like it started to mold lmk if you want the name of the chem I used on mine

this is what I had to deal with
PXL_20210219_013005751.jpg

and this is how it turned out after one spray I ended up doing 3 sprays

PXL_20210219_194411165.MP.jpg

w_b

so pissed right now...

View attachment 152565

Lol my effinā€™ Optifukyou internetā€™s been out for the last week. Paying extra for VZW personal hotspot as a backup, cuz canā€™t work without VPN, and somehow hotspot is not included even on an unlimited data plan. Iā€™m not gonna pay the internet portion of the cable bill this month, they can go scratch. Also considering dropping the internet portion of the bill completely moving forward, since essentially Iā€™m paying for something I donā€™t get.

Either way they ensure you canā€™t win.

Top Bottom