Ringwood State Park Conditions

serviceguy

I have been hiking the fire roads in the back of RSP and can report they are well groomed by snowmobiles pretty much all over. Trails...not so much. Definitely rideable with a fat bike but also with regular mtb tires. Scenery is amazing. Hopefully it doesn’t get iced over and stays for a while because I would love to get a few more miles in.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
6" deep ATV tracks on most of the fire roads in the Ryerson area
But the snow seems to be firming up when I was leaving.
There were quite a few cars parked at Ryerson.

serviceguy

I rode the fire roads from Ryerson to Shepherd’s lake with @mtbiker87 , either a quad or a bigger vehicle dug way deeper than 6” ruts that made it really difficult to ride up to White and Crossover, then it was great with a few sketchy spots. We met a group that reported Pierson being packed nicely. We even headed up to Warm Puppy but did not ‘feel’ going down the trail.

Sorry we missed you, it would have been nice catching up with you, I wasn’t riding the El Mariachi for a change!

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I had a hell of a time today on the south side, near Ryerson. Some f'ing idiot in a 4x4 (not a quad) rutted up a few fire roads. Your best bet is to venture out of lot C and follow the snowmobile tracks up toward white. I estimate we have one or two cold mornings left. After Monday, it's all going to turn to mush.

:confused:

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Conditions at Ringwood were perfect today. Snowmobile tracks were solid and even warm puppy was firm. Lots more there that’s rideable than the 11 miles we did, so go get some!!
47A33AD0-2D75-416D-A117-EF39871C76A9.jpeg
D0388B9B-F44B-42A2-8352-D12CC801B6A1.jpeg
EC71DD4B-5022-4F4A-914C-1CB72725619B.jpeg

serviceguy

Some 6” added to the mix yesterday. I wonder if it’s going to survive the big melt another week. Judging from the 18”+ in my front yard I think it’s got a fighting chance.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Nice pics 👍🏻. Funny no one noticed the 49.9 mph top speed. I assume you accidentally left your Strava on for a little while after your ride.
Lol! Not even I noticed that. We did bomb straight down the gas line from Pierson’s ridge, felt like a straight line ski run but I can’t imagine it was anywhere near 50mph. I definitely stopped and saved my Strava when I got back to Lot C so no idea how Strava gave me such massive cojones 😊

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Lol! Not even I noticed that. We did bomb straight down the gas line from Pierson’s ridge, felt like a straight line ski run but I can’t imagine it was anywhere near 50mph. I definitely stopped and saved my Strava when I got back to Lot C so no idea how Strava gave me such massive cojones 😊
Wow. I guess so 😂. That’s legendary. I’ve gone that fast downhill on my fatbike (once) on the road, but never on a snowy trail. I have a couple of personal best times at Ringwood on shallow packed snow on tech trails as it smooths them out.

Mr.Moto

Conditions were really soft in the afternoon after the rain. Most uphill's were a real challenge. Hard to get the magic gear and speed for forward motion. Too much torque and you spun and dug in. Some riding, some bike pushing to get up the red trail to the airfield area. Parts of Ice Pond Road was really torn up by 4x4's. Firmer conditions after the airfield and up on Pierson's. Road most of Pierson's but that was getting soft too.
66F8E992-45B6-427C-A3E0-459153F2FA8D.jpeg
7FD20227-9A63-45B3-99B3-21EBFD218CC7.jpeg
606BE054-77B5-466A-B205-FC113B616231.jpeg

serviceguy

Conditions were really soft in the afternoon after the rain. Most uphill's were a real challenge. Hard to get the magic gear and speed for forward motion. Too much torque and you spun and dug in. Some riding, some bike pushing to get up the red trail to the airfield area. Parts of Ice Pond Road was really torn up by 4x4's. Firmer conditions after the airfield and up on Pierson's. Road most of Pierson's but that was getting soft too.
View attachment 152738View attachment 152739View attachment 152740
That is what I was afraid of after riding it last week, I could see some dirt halfway those deep ruts in the snow and thought that wasn’t going away with snow, your pictures definitely show the damage. Never seen anything like that in the park before but I’m a recent acquisition...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions