AXS/Garmin/Light

FrankV

This could most likely be a question for @jimvreeland since he’s pretty well versed in this.

I built my dads bike out with Red/Force AXS in a 1x configuration. This leaves the dual click for the FD unused. He purchased a new Garmin UT800 smart light that pairs to his Garmin 520.

Is it possible to use the dual click to either change the screens or change the light settings?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The click on the left shifter is for the rear derailleur. The right side shifts up, the left down. Both at the same time would shift the FD. Right now there are no extra buttons to sync with the Garmin on AXS. I was hoping for one when they went from eTap to AXS but it never happened.

FrankV

The click on the left shifter is for the rear derailleur. The right side shifts up, the left down. Both at the same time would shift the FD. Right now there are no extra buttons to sync with the Garmin on AXS. I was hoping for one when they went from eTap to AXS but it never happened.
Ah ok. Appreciate the response, sram are dummies sometimes!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
This was definitely a miss on their part. Although I had the buttons when I rode Di2 and I still would just swipe the Garmin with my finger.

Top Bottom