BIYF Winter 2020-2021: Go Zwift or Go Home!!!!

pygmypony

2/6
1 pt...moving time of 1:08, elapsed time of 3:39!!! 😂 a couple of mechanicals, some TM, and lots of talky talky with the social PTPMTB crew

was great to ride the ever improving groomed trails of Tingley and the Rod and Gun Club!
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 7.36.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 7.36.03 PM.png

super cool to see @Piston Honda and @jimvreeland making use of the trails too!

if anyone is interested in checking them out, we are rolling from John Adams Middle School tomorrow am at 730am (ish) to hopefully get a bit ahead of the snow.

With the 6+ inches forecast, and super cold temps next week, the trails should be PRIMO for quite a while!

after today's ride, i went out in the afternoon for some more snowshoe stomping...looking to build a bridge across this ~20' creek crossing...any civil engineers on here?

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 7.34.47 PM.png

Piston Honda

we saw you rolling on New Dover Rd past John Adams Middle School as my crew and I were heading out! good to see you riding the trails! should be in pretty good shape tomorrow too!
Oh for real? My googles were so fogged up that I was basically riding by feel more than sight at that point. Maybe I'll run into you guys tomorrow. Not really sure yet depending on what the roads are like at 6am-ish.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
2/6
1 pt...moving time of 1:08, elapsed time of 3:39!!! 😂 a couple of mechanicals, some TM, and lots of talky talky with the social PTPMTB crew

was great to ride the ever improving groomed trails of Tingley and the Rod and Gun Club!
View attachment 151152
View attachment 151151

super cool to see @Piston Honda and @jimvreeland making use of the trails too!

if anyone is interested in checking them out, we are rolling from John Adams Middle School tomorrow am at 730am (ish) to hopefully get a bit ahead of the snow.

With the 6+ inches forecast, and super cold temps next week, the trails should be PRIMO for quite a while!

after today's ride, i went out in the afternoon for some more snowshoe stomping...looking to build a bridge across this ~20' creek crossing...any civil engineers on here?

View attachment 151150

I made that crossing 2 out of the 4 loops. Having a 20 foot long bike helps 😂😂😂

pygmypony

I made that crossing 2 out of the 4 loops. Having a 20 foot long bike helps 😂😂😂
yeah, it was much more crossable today....yesterday, when i was snowshoeing with my wifey-wife, it was super swole thanks to the afternoon thaw! which got me thinking about a bridge!...

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 9.18.30 PM.png

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
NICE!!! come back out tomorrow AM, 730 am roll from John Adams Middle School on New Dover Rd...

That's a little early for me. I sleep 💤😴

Also, my 3.5 hour ride had the same elapsed time as your 1 hour ride 😂😂😂

Tim

aka sptimmy43
2/7
:58 + dark
2 points

Made the dark bonus by less than a minute. Sunrise today was 7:00am and my ride started at 6:00am. I was hoping for the snow to have begun to be able to snag another point but that was not meant to be. Just rode around town in circles for an hour.

C4450DF5-579A-4BCC-B66A-4D0A41C1A5FA.jpeg

kearneyb

2/7
1-hr + snow
2pts

Pretty much the same ride as yesterday. I was experimenting with tire pressure in the yard prior to riding and was able to stay on top of the snow in the yard. I should have started the garmin while playing in the yard for the extra time. Oh well. When I got down to the towpath I sunk right into the snow. Went back to canal road. So peaceful. No cars. No tire noise. Guy stopped and took my picture at the causeway. Fun ride that I would not have done without BIYF.

55A0D3A0-B19C-4509-8302-5D326271AB5A.jpeg

Piston Honda

2/7
2:02 + dark + snow = 4 points

Garmin stopped recording for about a half hour after this pic was taken. Not sure if it was something I accidentally pressed or unit malfunction. While it was stopped it kept saying GPS software updated. So I'm going with the latter.
IMG_20210207_104605.jpg

Anyways, on with the pic dump...

Before the storm...
PXL_20210207_115311549.jpg

Then I ran into @pygmypony and rode with his crew for a bit. Sorry for slowing you guys down. Bike was tired so I let it nap for a bit.
PXL_20210207_131943839.jpg

Snapped a new pic for my MySpace profile.
PXL_20210207_133520917.MP.jpg

Any locals know if this is worth exploring? (when the snow is gone) It's behind Aldi's off Oak Tree Ave.
PXL_20210207_134550733.jpg

Now it's REALLY coming down. Better head home.
PXL_20210207_135628215.MP.jpg

Now that you're all caught up, go Bucs!

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Any locals know if this is worth exploring? (when the snow is gone) It's behind Aldi's off Oak Tree Ave.
View attachment 151209

Not really. From what I understand it was an Eagle Scout project from many years ago. Apparently it‘s just a dead end trail that goes for maybe a quarter of a mile behind the shopping center. It’s too bad. It would be nice if it connected to Woodland Avenue.

goodvibe

2/7
2h3m
Bonus-A plethora of snow
3pts
I was not feeling good today, but. . . BIYF.

https://strava.app.link/LKNGIs7DGdb
1612716372801.png

There were a few trails in the locals parts that were not bad, but if you hit it the wrong way, there was ice underneath.
4DD9204D-4E36-4BE1-861E-EF420435D8EB.jpeg

This dude in Cranford built a life sized Lincoln Memorial in his front yard. It is hard to tell from this photo, but it is probably about 15 feet high or more.
636AC667-0843-4AF1-A888-E47255D8B982.jpeg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2/7
2h3m
Bonus-A plethora of snow
3pts
I was not feeling good today, but. . . BIYF.

https://strava.app.link/LKNGIs7DGdb
View attachment 151213

There were a few trails in the locals parts that were not bad, but if you hit it the wrong way, there was ice underneath.
View attachment 151214

This dude in Cranford built a life sized Lincoln Memorial in his front yard. It is hard to tell from this photo, but it is probably about 15 feet high or more.
View attachment 151215
is that bulge to scale?
1612716802677.png

pygmypony

Not really. From what I understand it was an Eagle Scout project from many years ago. Apparently it‘s just a dead end trail that goes for maybe a quarter of a mile behind the shopping center. It’s too bad. It would be nice if it connected to Woodland Avenue.
have ridden it once or twice and @Tim is 100% correct...can probably get in there and clear it out in a day or so to at least make it rideable...

Top Bottom