Rutgers Ecological Preserve Conditions

i think you are def onto something here.
might want to tie rope to bottom?
and remove half of the front?
i think the snow will clog the input - so might need to add a "ramp" to the half way point of the plates.

I was hoping the snow would go through the holes and then get squished by the weights. Then the back of the crate would make it level. Or, the whole thing just gets stuck and I carry a 70 pound crate out of the woods.

Rather than drag something through the trails, would rolling a heavy drum work? Not sure what you could use to construct one though. Maybe a tortilla bin?

Rather than drag something through the trails, would rolling a heavy drum work? Not sure what you could use to construct one though. Maybe a tortilla bin?

5 gallon bucket without the handle? wont be perfectly even, but w/e

Just saying
20_sidewinder_srx_le_s1.jpg

5 gallon bucket without the handle? wont be perfectly even, but w/e

sonotube filled with concrete.
put a pvc conduit in the middle to run an axle through.

i have a couple ideas. I love the milk crate cage.
still working it through

still working it through

I revised and tested the crate in my hood once the snow got soft. I have to add something to stop the bolts from unscrewing though. And I moved the rope to the bottom and the weights to the front. I made a trail that I could walk on.

I bought some snow shoes too so I'm ready for the next round.

still working it through
you could skid a log on top. The log would have a sling around it fastened with an attached D -ring. .25" aircraft cable is clamped to D- ring. Aircraft cable is connected to.....wait for it...chainsaw winch..... you would clear 15' of trail before moving to the next rigging point....... this wont make a bit of sense to me when i look at it tomorrow.

Homemade rig. Did ok today. Probably needs to be a little heavier. View attachment 151172

less wood - the load is being spread out too much

you could skid a log on top. The log would have a sling around it fastened with an attached D -ring. .25" aircraft cable is clamped to D- ring. Aircraft cable is connected to.....wait for it...chainsaw winch..... you would clear 15' of trail before moving to the next rigging point....... this wont make a bit of sense to me when i look at it tomorrow.

the winch cost as much as the snowdog!! well almost.

--

whatever we do, we need it for tomorrow.

@jimvreeland

I revised and tested the crate in my hood once the snow got soft. I have to add something to stop the bolts from unscrewing though. And I moved the rope to the bottom and the weights to the front. I made a trail that I could walk on.

I bought some snow shoes too so I'm ready for the next round.

jam nut or castle nut/cotter pin?
nylon lock nut?

use nylon lock nut as the jam nut?

Back
Top Bottom