The Queen got a neo-classic Convertible

Ian F

Bumpers are a major turn off but looks clean. Makes fun noises!
The odd thing about the TR7/8 bumpers is those are pretty much same for all markets. At least for a Spitfire you can really clean up the front and rear by converting them to the European chrome and/or smaller under-riders. But the 7/8, everyone got those big honkin' things.

That said, a TR7 or 8 feels remarkably like a "normal" car. At least they do after you've spent a day in a GT6 which feels every bit like the late 50's car it was based on. That one is a little on the strong side of the TR8 market. It's not too difficult to find good examples for a little more than half that.

JerseyPete

The odd thing about the TR7/8 bumpers is those are pretty much same for all markets. At least for a Spitfire you can really clean up the front and rear by converting them to the European chrome and/or smaller under-riders. But the 7/8, everyone got those big honkin' things.

That said, a TR7 or 8 feels remarkably like a "normal" car. At least they do after you've spent a day in a GT6 which feels every bit like the late 50's car it was based on. That one is a little on the strong side of the TR8 market. It's not too difficult to find good examples for a little more than half that.
I once came close to buying a GT6+, and my brother drove one to VT. We both agreed it is a great looking car, but not one for long trips.
If I was going to have a V8 Triumph, I have to go with a Stag.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick Honda go, British show..... and... red

That is an exceptional conversion! I could even tolerate the rubber bumpers, it is done so well.

'75 not all that much modified with bumpers removed!
Signals are '59 style. -

watching - and it is close by!

1612521256644.png

1612521425524.png

Patrick

Staff member
apparently outcast by the rest of the family....

1612522432461.png

Patrick

Staff member
Looks great and I like the concept, but the hack job to cut the body for the transmission I cant take my eyes off of.

the "i don't want to show you the muffler hanging off the back of the car" picture (and lack of) bothers me.

they could have fabricated a belly pan, and the hood cowl shouldn't be open.

Ian F

I once came close to buying a GT6+, and my brother drove one to VT. We both agreed it is a great looking car, but not one for long trips.
If I was going to have a V8 Triumph, I have to go with a Stag.
Stags are cool, for sure although I'd rather have the Rover (Buick) V8 in the TR8 than the Triumph V8 in the Stag. The Rover is essentially the same engine that was put into Land Rovers for decades, so replacement parts and upgrades are easy.

Rubber bumper Midgets get a lot of hate, but I will say one thing about them - those bumpers actually work. Unfortunately I know this from experience after skidding into the back of one with my classic Mini. The Midget looked like it hadn't been hit. The Mini was totaled (and sold to a restorer who has it mostly rebuilt).

Now an S2000 engine in a Midget... part of me wants it... another part of me says that would be terrifying when combined with the tiny Midget rear tires and short wheelbase.

Last edited:

ekuhn

the "i don't want to show you the muffler hanging off the back of the car" picture (and lack of) bothers me.

they could have fabricated a belly pan, and the hood cowl shouldn't be open.
upon further investigation, why's the driveshaft off line from the trans and the rear pumpkin?

Looks like uni-strut bolted under car to...

I'd move this on to a hard NO and pass.

rick81721

Lothar
she prefers the modern interpretation!
i hate it.

Tell her they are old lady cars - I'm talking blue hair old lady. Today saw one who had to be at least 80 driving one of those things.

Top Bottom