GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
85238718.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
'86 f430 stands the test of time.

1612401889952.png

compare this to the ugly countach around that time.
5mph bumper yo.

Patrick

Staff member
Why don't you build an MK4 Roadster from Factory Five? It will be all new and your wife will love it. Or build a '33 Hot Rod, you can put flames on it 🙃

i like both - wife thinks they are too masculine.
same with the 818C.

would love to have a couple crates dropped in the driveway and have at it!

GTCHAMPION1

i like both - wife thinks they are too masculine.
same with the 818C.

would love to have a couple crates dropped in the driveway and have at it!
Dynacorn Bodies probably have a classic Mustang in a crate ready for delivery. A beautiful 1965 replica, NOT fiber glass

Patrick

Staff member

she prefers the modern interpretation!
i hate it.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

I took the 124 in Abarth and Classica trims for a spin a while back. It’s fun. If I had extra money and an extra garage space I would buy one. I bought a motorcycle instead.

The Abarth exhaust is a little louder than the Classica and the suspension tune is stiffer as well. Decent engine performance, not enough for me, but if you’re looking to cruise backroads it’s all you need.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
she prefers the modern interpretation!
i hate it.

I’m not much of a Tbird fan myself, except maybe for 1983 -1985 turbo coupe version that they offered with a manual transmission, just figured red, ‘50’s, ragtop, classic might have hit the button. 😃

Ian F

A Ferrari 308 is a great looking car - until you are actually in one. A friend has one. I've been a passenger in it. My ex- actually drove it as the pace car for the Watkins Glen Vintage Grand Prix Festival a few years ago. Being a huge Magnum PI fan as a kid, she loved those cars. Spending a day with it cured her of that. Absolutely terrible cars to drive. Cramped, kinda klunky engine and transmission, not very fast by today's standards.

That ND looks exactly like my ex's car. They are nice to drive, although not great for trips unless you are very good at packing light as the trunk is incredibly small (my ex- is amazingly good at minimalist packing). Honestly, if the RF version was more like the NC PRHT version and not a targa top, I'd be in trouble (I need more cars like a hole in the head...).

GTCHAMPION1

Be extremely careful with a 2nd hand ferrari. Timing belts must be done every years or 23k miles or 30k miles on some models, one thing for sure is that they are interference valves so if the timing belt breaks there will be major damage. The clutch don't last that long, and you have the chance to catch on fire... I have some experience on them and probably I am NOT the one to give the best advice on ferraris and I don't want to put fear in you about the car.

Last edited:
Top Bottom