some stuff

alex_k

I did some stuff before and after the concrete bridge this weekend.

fixed old berms, added a new one

I hope you will enjoy it

Alex-

Attachments

• DSCF0821w.jpg
    DSCF0821w.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCF0819w.jpg
    DSCF0819w.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 225

alex_k

can't get a feel for location based on the pics. . .

#1 ...after the concrete bridge.. the most flooded and muddy section just before the twisty. all wooden sheets replaced with a dirt berm

#2 ...just before the concrete bridge... fixed what we did this spring

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
alex, great job, rode it today and it was pretty smooth. hopefully it holds up to the weather!

MrWebby

Good work there, Alex. This area is showing some signs of erosion again, especially just before the bridge. I want to suggest what I've seen at a mtb park in FL, which is that they build a rock bed the lenght of the trail and drop cement bags on top. The cement cures and forms a path over which to ride that resists erosion very well. Of course this might be too disruptive to the natural erosive tendencies...just a suggestion...I would help out.

Wobbegong

Good work there, Alex. This area is showing some signs of erosion again, especially just before the bridge. I want to suggest what I've seen at a mtb park in FL, which is that they build a rock bed the lenght of the trail and drop cement bags on top. The cement cures and forms a path over which to ride that resists erosion very well. Of course this might be too disruptive to the natural erosive tendencies...just a suggestion...I would help out.

A rock turnpike would be fantastic, but we dont have many rocks at Six Mile.

lmckee

I'm pretty sure we rode through that yesterday, I think there was someone actually working on it yesterday too. Thanks for putting in the time Alex. For whoever was working on this yesterday we would of stopped and gave you a hand but my feet were soaked and freezing so It was all about getting back to the car at that point.

Last edited:

alex_k

thanks guys, lets consider this project as a proof of concept :)

if it lasts for a month, we can meet all together and build a bigger "dam" and maybe some drainage.

I'm not sure about the spot before the concrete bridge because it has to resist huge pressure when high water overflows the bridge... a lot of rocks and cement blocks can be found in water on the right side...

alex_k

JDog,

should we try to fix the spot just before the bridge? we have enough rocks there... with cement it might last

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
JDog,

should we try to fix the spot just before the bridge? we have enough rocks there... with cement it might last

I think cement would just be ugly. I envision a bridge or skinny there from where the palets are to the culvert. If you only made it one foot wide, it wouldn't be much wood. That being said, I don't have much time to help but this could be done at a small TM seesion on the weekend...

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
just like jay said before, you cant build anything here. sometimes when it floods the area, IT ACTUALLY FLOODS TO THE ROAD. i couldnt imagine how a bridge could hold up to that. i heard, one time, long ago, there was a bridge. until now, a tunnel/slingshot is our only bet.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
just like jay said before, you cant build anything here. sometimes when it floods the area, IT ACTUALLY FLOODS TO THE ROAD. i couldnt imagine how a bridge could hold up to that. i heard, one time, long ago, there was a bridge. until now, a tunnel/slingshot is our only bet.

we're talking about the concrete bridge area, not the blue trail crossing right?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
a good boardwalk to replace those shitty planks of wood, that oddly enough don't get swept away, could be cool.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions