Late Notice - Skyline/Ringwood Ride

xc62701

Late Notice - Skyline/Ringwood Ride 11/2

I'm just checking to see if anyone is interested in doing a Skyline/Ringwood ride tomorrow. I'm looking to meet up at 10 at the soccerfields(Barbara Drive) and ride up to skyline and over into Ringwood. Then do a few trails in Ringwood(Interpreted as most of the trails in Ringwood) and then back out and down to the fields. This ride will not be a race paced ride but will be quite long and fun. Make sure you're up for some saddle time. Let me know if you're interested. I'm looking to get in a nice 4-5 hours.

Last edited:

MNicolosi

argh!!! I totally would you pyscho bastard rider you! but I have too much freakin' homework to do!!!! :mad: next time for sure... although I'd probably be dead with that long of a ride :drooling: ....

how did the race go?

xc62701

The race went pretty well. No mechanicals - no issues. The rigid singlespeed concoction was awesome. On the edge of scary the whole time. The biggest difference so far isn't the rigid fork, it's the crappy brakes. I tried not to use em. I was drifting through corners and throwing that thing around so much it was nuts! Came in 3rd of 3 in my group(missed 2nd by 30 seconds). And I think about 12th overall of 75. The best part was I found out Brooklyn Octoberfest is pretty good ;)

xc62701

I guess no one wants to come out and play. Maybe I'll see some of you out there anyway...

xc62701

Head up to Stephens we got like 8 guys going now

Thanks for the invite Matt. Hope the ride was a lot of fun. I still need to get over there and check Stephens out. As for today I had a taste for rocks so my epic was just what I needed.

xc62701

Well it was a quite beautiful day out today. Not too chilly and lots of people out to say hi to. I started at the soccer field and made it to the top of skyline and then proceeded to get lost going to Ringwood. Ended up in Bear Swamp somewhere? and then proceeded to guess which ridge I needed to aim for and worked my way up to Pierson's ridge and finally got into Ringwood. Once in I jumped in and did the race course from Renegade and up the switchbacks and onto the new trail. Then I cut over and did school house and realized daylight was closing in so it was time to get out. Up to the ridge to get back out and I beat the sun by a couple of minutes. All totaled it was 6 hours with 2 stops to say hi to a friend and to pound a pb&j. It was a great ride. No mechanicals no falls, no feeling in my a$$ ;) I forgot how many rocks are in skyline and ringwood :p Great day.

xc62701

This one will be repeated again soon. Maybe later in the month with a better understanding of the trails and some more exploring in Ringwood.

Top Bottom