6 Mile Run Conditions

RideOnTime

I blame all the mtb content creators from the UK constantly showing off their mud rides and making people think it's OK. I don't think these guys knew better. They're doing what they see on Instagram and YouTube. If they did they wouldn't have posted their faces. Then again maybe I'm underestimating people's ignorance and stupidity.
When my buddy and I were riding over frozen ruts, he asked, “But I see all the riders on GMBN riding muddy trails and aren’t they’re fine?”

Mahnken

FTFY

Aren't the signs still up at the trailheads? While I realize not everyone may read them it's very unlikely that all 5 riders missed it.
I think the "no entry boys" saw the signs.
Screenshot_20210103-123224.png

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I blame all the mtb content creators from the UK constantly showing off their mud rides and making people think it's OK. I don't think these guys knew better. They're doing what they see on Instagram and YouTube. If they did they wouldn't have posted their faces. Then again maybe I'm underestimating people's ignorance and stupidity.

The difference is that in the UK it is ok to ride “in the wet.” I don’t think it’s a problem in the Pacific Northwest, for the most part either.

I’m not down for blaming anyone other than the assclowns in the picture. They rode past the signs. They posted the pic. They knew better. They DGAF about the trails or other trail users. Period.

krink

Eddie Munster
The difference is that in the UK it is ok to ride “in the wet.” I don’t think it’s a problem in the Pacific Northwest, for the most part either.

I’m not down for blaming anyone other than the assclowns in the picture. They rode past the signs. They posted the pic. They knew better. They DGAF about the trails or other trail users. Period.
Agreed, in the UK and the Pacific Northwest if you don't ride wet, you ride outside 4 days a year. The trails there are built to handle it better and mud is a fact of life.

But here, even if you're clueless enough to not get the difference in climate or new enough to not know, you can still read the damn signs, unless you are the rear entry boys above.

gpTron

I had another long winded response about them not knowing any better due to social media, but now I see they're from NY so I can only hope they get one of those neck high fishing line treatments. Lol.

Morrisd

I went back to six mile last year for the first time in like 10 years. And to be honest, after riding there about 5 times, I realized I hated it. The trails are destroyed and crawling with these types of riders. The “ get out of my way, my bike is worth $100,000.00 and yours isn’t, so I can ride and do what ever I want” crowd....

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I went back to six mile last year for the first time in like 10 years. And to be honest, after riding there about 5 times, I realized I hated it. The trails are destroyed and crawling with these types of riders. The “ get out of my way, my bike is worth $100,000.00 and yours isn’t, so I can ride and do what ever I want” crowd....
I’m with you. The overuse and destruction of this park is unsettling for sure.

The lack of other similar parks leads so many here, even from hours away.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Honestly, it has been 2020. I rode 6 mile a ton in 2019. Went back in October of 2020 and it was destroyed. Super widened trails, rollers gone from rainy when wet, it was crazy.

spadela86

I know what you mean. But, recently watched a video from GMBN where they went out of their way to preface with “don’t do this in the US”. I’m guessing they’ve gotten similar feedback from others...
Will link the vid if I find it.

NJ Gator

Too bad they are from out of town- those drive trains are gonna need some heavy duty servicing. At least it could have supported our local shops!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions