Lookin' for a light

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i recently bought a stella 200, i havent used it yet but ive only heard great things about it :)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I have a tri-newt from niterider. So far I have given two riders sunburn, blinder a deer, melted glass, and grown canibis to three feet high overnight. The light is that bright, but has a scary price tag.

I wasnt always fortunate enought o have nice stuff, I've riden with a flashlight taped to a contractors helmet just to get out on the trails w/ a few friends.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i recently bought a stella 200, i havent used it yet but ive only heard great things about it :)

I am probably getting this light in a few weeks. 200 lumens for under $200 is a pretty good bang for your buck...

walter

Fourth Party
I am probably getting this light in a few weeks. 200 lumens for under $200 is a pretty good bang for your buck...

Hey Kev, spend the extra $50 if you can and get the better Stella. I had both of them in my hand that night at Halters and the $250 one was a much brighter/whiter light. Thats the one I ended up buying. I havent used it real time yet but took it for a ride through my local woods the other night and it rocks.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hey Kev, spend the extra $50 if you can and get the better Stella. I had both of them in my hand that night at Halters and the $250 one was a much brighter/whiter light. Thats the one I ended up buying. I havent used it real time yet but took it for a ride through my local woods the other night and it rocks.

I thought the difference was just the battery (Li-on compared to Ni-MH?). Based on what the Light and Motion site says, it shouldn't change the light output just the Li-on is lighter and last longer. Am I off base on this?

Wobbegong

I thought the difference was just the battery (Li-on compared to Ni-MH?). Based on what the Light and Motion site says, it shouldn't change the light output just the Li-on is lighter and last longer. Am I off base on this?

There is a Stella 120 and a Stella 200N and 200L. The 120 compared to the 200 is what Walter is talking about.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
OK, if I get some extra cash for my birthday, I might spring for the 200L since I do like the smaller battery and i don't plan on buying another light for a few years.

Wobbegong

OK, if I get some extra cash for my birthday, I might spring for the 200L since I do like the smaller battery and i don't plan on buying another light for a few years.

Good idea, the small and light battery is nice for the jersey pocket.

J-Dro

In my experience, Li-Ion cells seem to suffer less degradation as they age compared to NiMH. I would spring for the Li-ion if you can find the cash.

alex_k

you can have Dinotte 400L with 2 batteries and set of lenses for $279...

Additional lenses allow light beam customization - it is really nice.

my helmet setup

Attachments

• CRW_3133_w.jpg
    CRW_3133_w.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 153

rlb

you can have Dinotte 400L with 2 batteries and set of lenses for $279...

Additional lenses allow light beam customization - it is really nice.

my helmet setup

How do you like it? The Dinotte lights look pretty good, thats the way I'm leanign as of right now (if/when I do buy lights...)

alex_k

How do you like it? The Dinotte lights look pretty good, thats the way I'm leanign as of right now (if/when I do buy lights...)

I like it... it's bright enough as the second light ;) , has a very low profile so I am not afraid to smash it and as mentioned additional lenses helped me to tune my "dream" setup 400L+600L.

I don't like 400L's handlebar mount, 600L has better one but it is too big for helmet...

Dinotte provides great support - I called them once, emailed several times and always had prompt response.

I don't like a single helmet light because everything looks "flat" because the shadows are directly behind what you're looking at. With a second source, you get a contrasting set of shadows and things stand out far better.

Attachments

• CRW_3136_w.jpg
    CRW_3136_w.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 119

olegbabich

So far I have given two riders sunburn, blinder a deer, melted glass, and grown canibis to three feet high overnight.
quote]

New Jersey Marijuana Laws

More Information on Illegal Drug Laws
Code Section24:21-1, et seq.; 2C:35-2, et seq.PossessionUnder 50 g.: disorderly person and 100 hrs. of community service (if within 1000 ft. of school); Over 50g.: 4th degree crime, $25,000SaleLess than 1 oz.: 4th degree crime; 1 oz. to 5 lbs.: 3rd degree crime, up to $15,000; 5-25 lbs.: 2nd degree crime; Over 25 lbs.: 1st degreeTraffickingLeader of narcotics trafficking network: life (25 year minimum before parole

Suhr40

I 've been using the Dinotte lights for a couple of years and they have been great. I got mine before the 200L, 400L and 600L were around, but sent in my two five watt lights for an upgrade (about $50 per light) and got them up to 200L power. I also have a 3 watt helmet light. These lights are small, simple (they attach with an o-ring), and mine use rechargeable AA batts. You can get the Lithium batts for more money, but I've had such good luck w/the regular rechargeables that I don't miss the longer run times of the Lithiums. I've ridden with other guys with the HID lights and mine seems to be just as effective. Plus, if one craps out, I just pop in a spare set of AA batts and I am good to go. In a pinch you can even use regular AA batts. Also, the Dinotte people were always very easy to deal with.
I also think that having a headlight and a bar light is the most effective (at least for off road)

Top Bottom