Favorite trailside CO2 thingy

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ride with people that carry these things.
signed,
that guy...

i legit think this is a good conversation to have before you roll out. Who has what.
if you know you’re going to be adjusting shit you should bring your own. But if everything it good to go to the best of your knowledge, then why bother bringing 4 pumps, multi tools, etc.

onetracker

Forgive me if this has been discussed...

I have 2 Pro Bike Tool CO2 inflators and they simply suck. The o-ring refuses to stay in and it never seals properly.

Do you use a hand pump, CO2 inflator, or both on trail rides? What do you recommend??

Also, jeez they are kinda expensive arent' they?
I may have an email xtra Genuine Innovations inflator that you can try/keep if you are interested for free. When we hosted races prior to COVID-19, GI was quite generous as a sponsor. P/U would be in Allendale NJ. PM if you are interested.

jackx

Pumps are for roadies. J/k

I use that genuine innovation airchuck elite.
I also mount 2 additional CO2s on my frame under the bottle. So I usually have 4 with me.

I carry both of these and also a tiny pump.

Between these and Stans Darts, I usually don’t carry a pump or a tube unless I’m going solo deep in the woods.
I never thought to get a hole/puncture sealing awl.

My problem is that my spokes are internal, and twice this summer, I had a rock, then a stick, which got caught in the rear spokes, and snapped 1 or 2 spokes forcing the internal nipple to puncture the rim tape, resulting in a flat.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i legit think this is a good conversation to have before you roll out. Who has what.
if you know you’re going to be adjusting shit you should bring your own. But if everything it good to go to the best of your knowledge, then why bother bringing 4 pumps, multi tools, etc.
If I don't have it, Jason does. If he doesn't have it, you're walking back to the car.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there a carry pump that will do everything... shocks, forks, and tires? With an accurate gauge? That last requirement probably makes it impossible. But figured I’d ask.
Crank Bros Klic pump has a (tire pressure) gauge and a clever compact design, but it does not do suspension pressures. It can be a little fiddly to get on the valve.

onetracker

Forgive me if this has been discussed...

I have 2 Pro Bike Tool CO2 inflators and they simply suck. The o-ring refuses to stay in and it never seals properly.

Do you use a hand pump, CO2 inflator, or both on trail rides? What do you recommend??

Also, jeez they are kinda expensive arent' they?
photo as promised...9DFBA9ED-8F67-4D31-B05C-15DDEF5A652B.jpeg

onetracker

The lock is iffy but they work well for the most part. They are all mass produced. I suspect that the Lezyne units are well made.

Matt_

I Get Jokes
I use the elite, compact and simple. I previously tried two popular ones that needed to be screwed onto the valve stem and had issues, one time it froze to and unscrewed the core upon removal... that was a very deflating moment on the trail.

Screenshot_20201216-185815_Amazon Shopping.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I miss the big can of Air
I've had an elite forever, just need to keep the spring head lubed. Miss my lyenze mini floor pump the most though. That was a tough lost 😕

ryderX

I’ve been using this for brand fir the last 15+ years.
The hose can be removed and discarded. You can purchase them at any HVAC or plumbing supply house for $15 or less and a box of 12 cartridges usually cost about the same.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So since I had lost lyenze floor pump I've bought 2 cheaper pumps and despise them. I'm not into littering $90 pumps on the trail and being I'm the fannypack king I went and purchased lyenze control Co2 head. Question is does anyone have a source for cheap quantity 25g cartridges. Willing to go Co Op if it's a large quantity. I recalled team mtbnj did this before but asking the public.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have 16g
They were $10 cheaper a year or so ago

SDNselect 16 Gram Threaded Co2 Cartridges Pack of 30 Amazon product

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
47A920E7-76C5-4B87-98B5-AF6845481667.jpeg
The Portland design works is the best one I have used. You turn the dial to regulate air flow and you can shut it off and doesn’t leak of you didn’t use the whole cartridge.

I used to get that innovations one @Matt_ said but 1. I have lost like 5 of them 2. They get oxidized over time and don’t work as god as when new.

Top Bottom