MTB Racing?

MTBTyler

Im deff not ready to race yet but I see races on tv and they look really interesting. I also hear you guys always talking about races. And some have official mtbnj race member below their avitar.
Im not looking to win a world championship! Just to say that I raced, and to have a great time. So where could I sign up for one? Or just go and watch? Where do they race at?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
alot of people here do the H2H (hudson to highlands) series which runs from april to october. (over now)

the highschool state championship thing is in early/mid spring which i guess is a good first race.

it's kinda late in the season now, so i'd suggest waiting till next year and getting supa fast during the winter when everyone else gets lazy. :p

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The local cross-county race series (H2h: h2hrace.com) just ended last month and doesn't start again until April, but cyclocross season has started if you're into that. Check that forum here for more info. And check bikereg.com for some continuing cross-county races through the winter.

By the way, there's not much cross-country racing on TV -- are you referring to the Jeep King of the Mountain dual slalom series on CBS weekend afternoons? That's dual slalom racing (similar to mountain cross or 4-cross racing). That's a different animal that what most of us race. 20 seconds of pure speed as opposed to the 90 minutes of endurance riding in cross-country. No idea outside of the annual race at Diablo where you can race dual slalom to be honest.

There's also downhill racing (2 minutes straight down the mountain) and super D (super downhill) which is like a combination of cross-county and downhill.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I have 3 hours TM, but im not a jorba member. does this still apply to get paydirt points?

Yes. Your 3 hours qualify you to get your name in a raffle to win a free bike donated by Cyclecraft. You do not need to race or be a jorba member. It is open to everyone that comes out. 10 hours (5 for juniors) of paydirt, gets racers an extra fifth place points in the H2H series.

Check out: http://h2hrace.com/

Racing is fun and a great way to meet other riders. Hope to see you next year!

ArmyOfNone

Whether you think your ready or not you should give it a shot! Till spring rolls around, as far away as that may seem now, you should check out the cross scene. Here atleast you will get to see the racers more than once every hour. :D

Till then keep on riding!

warcricket

Like a Jerk
Whether you think your ready or not you should give it a shot! Till spring rolls around, as far away as that may seem now, you should check out the cross scene. Here atleast you will get to see the racers more than once every hour. :D

Till then keep on riding!

when's the mercer county race? i was hoping to check that out... sometime mid November, word?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
True that, Jamesburg son. Peep the 'crosstasticness that is cyclocross!! Being that I live like a block away from you, I could give you a ride over.

Other than that, the MTB season doesn't kick back in until spring so just ride and have fun:D

-Jim.

rob23

Yes. Your 3 hours qualify you to get your name in a raffle to win a free bike donated by Cyclecraft. You do not need to race or be a jorba member. It is open to everyone that comes out. 10 hours (5 for juniors) of paydirt, gets racers an extra fifth place points in the H2H series.

Check out: http://h2hrace.com/

Racing is fun and a great way to meet other riders. Hope to see you next year!

good info. How long (in miles) is the average race? What's the format like? All out race to the finish? How much trail vs. connector pieces are to be expected and are you timed through sections (ie: check in/check out of a section) or timed through the entire course. Do you have to wear tights?

thanks,

Top Bottom