very cool cross race:

ArmyOfNone

This is great and explains why cross is so much fun.

fifthstreetcross said:
Fifth Street Cross is an unlicensed mass-start cyclocross race run at night on a poorly designed, horribly maintained, unexpectedly dangerous and ridiculously fun course cut through someone’s yard.

Wobbegong

I love the web page. So much funny stuff.. I couldnt find an address, other than the obvious 5th street, or location reference. Where is this????

ArmyOfNone

so how does one get invited to this awesomeness

HOW CAN I GET INVITED/CAN I INVITE SOMEONE?
You have to be asked to attend by a current racer; we trust everyone who's already been invited to have the good sense to know who to invite and who not to. Confused? We'll break it down for you: Don't invite jackasses.

If you, yourself, are a jackass and are already competing at Fifth Street Cross, don't worry - you're grandfathered in. Just don't invite anyone who, to you, seems cool.

Simple, huh?

BiknBen

HOW CAN I GET INVITED/CAN I INVITE SOMEONE?
You have to be asked to attend by a current racer; we trust everyone who's already been invited to have the good sense to know who to invite and who not to. Confused? We'll break it down for you: Don't invite jackasses.

If you, yourself, are a jackass and are already competing at Fifth Street Cross, don't worry - you're grandfathered in. Just don't invite anyone who, to you, seems cool.

Simple, huh?

I guess I'll have to find someone else to invite me. I think JDog fits the second part of that explanation.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I finally got to 5th st tonight.

This is a must do race for anyone who thinks they might like cross or having fun.

In the first race:
-I had no costume (it was Halloween) so i got a 30 second time penalty.

I had to ride 1/4 mile longer than the guys drinking and I had a time penalty..

2nd race..

-Drank the PBR at the start line. Cut 1/4 mile out of the course.

-Caught up the the slower fast guys in time to drink PBR and cut the course again on the 2nd lap.

-Nearly got shocked but the electric fence around the Goat pasture.

_almost got kicked in the head by a kid on the swing set.

-Found out that until you get a good burp it is pretty tough to ride full out w/a belly full of beer..

-Saw a man dressed in a Life-sized PBR can beat me in the 1st race.

-The guy in the women's Tri kit w/ TT helmet won..

-Was shortly memorized as I followed Bat-Girl up a climb.

-Saw man with 4 foot sword fall on the run up.

-Beat a guy in a red miniskirt.

-Saw a man dressed as a woman pass me only to stop when one of his fake tits fell off.

The idea here was that there were countless rules that you could never know. Don't open your beer till the whistle.. If you get a tall boy PBR you still have to drink the entire can. uggg..

I wish this was closer but i WILL be back for sure. Pics might follow..

Pretty f-n fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom