Picture

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
This is Cyclocross ...

Attachments

• attach.jpg
    attach.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 287
That's not cross. Someone knocked over the barriers. The regulation height for a barrier is 40 cm.

That's not cross. Someone knocked over the barriers. The regulation height for a barrier is 40 cm.

Hi Ben,
These are run up stairs on a hill, not barriers. The race is in Schnectady, NY part of the NYCross.com series

RC ... :)

I simply just don't get it. The running with the bike thing.

I imagine if your into road riding and mtbing, it is perfect.

Is that picture supposed to be some kind of extreme, cyclocross riding at its best type shot?

I imagine if your into road riding and mtbing, it is perfect.

Is that picture supposed to be some kind of extreme, cyclocross riding at its best type shot?

I compete in a 3 hour mountain bike race, but just a 40 minute cyclocross race puts me in a comatose state. There is no time to rest. Last weekend Tommy and I raced back to back cross races, Saturday was in Cambridge, NY and Sunday we were in Bennington, VT. At the top of a long grass climb on Sunday there were a double set of barriers :drooling: what a stupid place to put them! the hill was hard enough. Road riders I feel have an advantage compared to mountain bike racers. In cyclocross racing I think endurance and power are keys to doing well.

RC ... :)

ps. Good idea to put a Cyclocross forum up

Cyclocross is hardly about running with your bike. Dismounts are becoming rare. In a 2.5K course you may be off your bike for 20feet of it, the rest is PAIN in the saddle!! UCI rules are setup to make the courses fast.

-Jim.

PS-Try it!! You can borrow my pit bike!!

I have only done one race but I think about it all the time.

I am hoping to do fifth ave this Friday and Fair Hill on Sat.

Back
Top Bottom