Nockamixon, PA

02camaro

The fact he wasn't even in the woods and was just sitting near the lake with his girlfriend is just terrifying. Feels more murder than accident to me for some reason.
something doesnt add up for me either. i dont hunt but i know alot of people that do and if they think they hit something and didnt see it drop they go look for a blood trail, not pack up and call it a day like this story implies. first thing that comes to mind is the girlfriend is the perp and shes blaming a hunter that may, or may not have been there. i bet theres a gun in the water someplace not far from the scene.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
something doesnt add up for me either. i dont hunt but i know alot of people that do and if they think they hit something and didnt see it drop they go look for a blood trail, not pack up and call it a day like this story implies. first thing that comes to mind is the girlfriend is the perp and shes blaming a hunter that may, or may not have been there. i bet theres a gun in the water someplace not far from the scene.
Not to mention it’s muzzleloader season any kind of range on a muzzleloader is like 200 yards and with how sick the area is around knocks, a pool it’s not flying very far before it hits a tree or something. Your friends are probably good people are responsible hunters. just from a numbers perspective if you think about anything else at least 50% of the people out there are straight up idiots with guns

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I’m guessing the autopsy will prove whether it was a muzzeloader. It’s common to discharge a loaded muzzleloader at the end of the season or if you’re not going to be using it for awhile, but that would be a really irresponsible discharge if that’s the case. Even if it was an accident they may never come forward. Statistically speaking, the odds of a stray shot in the woods hitting him like that is off the chart, but not impossible.

Robin

Nox closing for season 12/16. See post below.

Screenshot_20201214-122907.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got back from here. Fun little park for what is. Definitely a packed park of riders on a Sunday.
I could see if you lived close you would do laps on that flow trail. I was also pleasantly surprised that it was only 40 mins from home. Will bring all the kids back with there significant others and make it a bonding moment 😊
20210516_111441.jpg

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
I hit up Nox yesterday for the first time in about two years. Even though I always really wanted to like it there, I was just never a fan - it felt too fake and overbuilt. And I'm not shading the VMTB crew that built it - hell, they take the time to do it, they get to make it what they want - but it was just never really my thing. However I actually really enjoyed it yesterday more than I probably ever have. I did a longer ride on Saturday and the legs were a bit tired, so I wanted less climbing than I'd get in Wiss or GL, and I got a late start so I didn't feel like driving anywhere further. I was kind of "meh" when I thought about heading there, but when I pulled into the lot, I saw a few familiar faces (for the first time in a really long time in some cases) and everyone was saying that the trails were riding great. I took that with a grain of salt at first because I think I'm actually one of the only people I know who never liked it there in the first place, but once I started riding I had to agree. It's still overbuilt in some spots (since they supposedly close the place every time it drizzles, is it really necessary to have 100 foot long log bridges and rock fortified trail around every corner?) but it just felt a bit more "organic" (??) than I remembered. And I think I happened to get there at a perfect time - it wasn't the overcrowded mess I've heard it can be on the weekend. I was able to stretch out the legs and keep a nice pace without sitting in a conga line or messing up other riders by coming up too fast (or holding them up from being too slow!) I wouldn't say I'm a convert yet, but I'd be totally fine if I can finally enjoy Nox now and then as an alternative to Wiss and GL since it is so close to home ...

Nox.jpg

The Gnome Home is starting to look like it might be violating occupancy limits ...

JDurk

I hit up Nox yesterday for the first time in about two years. Even though I always really wanted to like it there, I was just never a fan - it felt too fake and overbuilt. And I'm not shading the VMTB crew that built it - hell, they take the time to do it, they get to make it what they want - but it was just never really my thing. However I actually really enjoyed it yesterday more than I probably ever have. I did a longer ride on Saturday and the legs were a bit tired, so I wanted less climbing than I'd get in Wiss or GL, and I got a late start so I didn't feel like driving anywhere further. I was kind of "meh" when I thought about heading there, but when I pulled into the lot, I saw a few familiar faces (for the first time in a really long time in some cases) and everyone was saying that the trails were riding great. I took that with a grain of salt at first because I think I'm actually one of the only people I know who never liked it there in the first place, but once I started riding I had to agree. It's still overbuilt in some spots (since they supposedly close the place every time it drizzles, is it really necessary to have 100 foot long log bridges and rock fortified trail around every corner?) but it just felt a bit more "organic" (??) than I remembered. And I think I happened to get there at a perfect time - it wasn't the overcrowded mess I've heard it can be on the weekend. I was able to stretch out the legs and keep a nice pace without sitting in a conga line or messing up other riders by coming up too fast (or holding them up from being too slow!) I wouldn't say I'm a convert yet, but I'd be totally fine if I can finally enjoy Nox now and then as an alternative to Wiss and GL since it is so close to home ...

View attachment 157866
The Gnome Home is starting to look like it might be violating occupancy limits ...
You're not the only 1 who feels that way. I have plenty of local locations that provide the ride "feelings" of Nox. Wiss/Belmont/Brandywine are 45min or less drive from my door.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
You're not the only 1 who feels that way. I have plenty of local locations that provide the ride "feelings" of Nox. Wiss/Belmont/Brandywine are 45min or less drive from my door.
Yeah, I remember being super excited when they first said they'd be opening up Nox to riding and VMTB started doing trail maintenance, but within the first few times I rode it, I thought they were just trying to dumb it down too much. And there is something to be said for that - it's an ideal spot for newer riders to learn how to handle rocks without risking getting hurt, and all those fortifications probably do help with the fact that the whole area is basically a flood plain of a man-made lake - but given the embarrassment of riches I have within an hour's drive of home (Wiss, Belmont, Green Lane, Middle Run, Fair Hill, French Creek, Blue Marsh, Trexler, Six Mile, Allaire, Marsh Creek, Brandwyine and I'm sure I'm still missing a few) it just felt like I could always find something better. But I think yesterday I may have finally figured out the way to make Nox fun - get there when it's relatively quiet and just open the throttle (granted my "open throttle" these days might be more of a putt-putt than it used to be, but my heart rate and legs can't tell the difference!)

Cole

I know this is an old post, but where are these other places you mentioned? I don't recognize the names of the trails. Trying to decide where to go Sunday instead of NOX...

Top Bottom