Top of Skyline Shuttle / Sunday, October 18th 2020

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
@a.s. can you post up the address to the lot where we will finish
Thanks
Long Meadow Rd. NY
GPS: 41.150693, -74.237747

The finish line is here at the traffic light, which intersects Long Meadow Road with Sterling Mine Rd. There are a few places to park right off the road.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Uh-ho, where was that roller?
It’s about 8 miles into the ride. I’ve made some changes to the route I originally posted so don’t waste you’re time searching. Only those who participate will know.

And I expect everyone to ride this feature. There’s an easier cheater line for the less daring. 😏

Ashcor

It’s about 8 miles into the ride. I’ve made some changes to the route I originally posted so don’t waste you’re time searching. Only those who participate will know.

And I expect everyone to ride this feature. There’s an easier cheater line for the less daring. 😏

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
We’re maxed out. If you want in on this ride, plan to shuttle yourself back. PM me for details.

Does anyone know if they’re still restricting parking up on Skyline? When Covid started the lot only allowed for 1/2 capacity. I hope that’s no longer the case? 😯 Either way try to arrive early. Between the hikers and leaf-peepers it’s going to fill up quickly.

Ride starts at 9:30am. Let’s not take chances- Please have a mask with you for the shuttle and try not to hug me or each other (You know you want to 😜).

Temps will be chilly at the start but should warm up nicely for our post-ride celebration. I’m psyched. See yooz on Sunday.

serviceguy

We’re maxed out. If you want in on this ride, plan to shuttle yourself back. PM me for details.

Does anyone know if they’re still restricting parking up on Skyline? When Covid started the lot only allowed for 1/2 capacity. I hope that’s no longer the case? 😯 Either way try to arrive early. Between the hikers and leaf-peepers it’s going to fill up quickly.

Ride starts at 9:30am. Let’s not take chances- Please have a mask with you for the shuttle and try not to hug me or each other (You know you want to 😜).

Temps will be chilly at the start but should warm up nicely for our post-ride celebration. I’m psyched. See yooz on Sunday.
Not sure what is the capacity but cones, signes and police cars are up there as much as they were at the beginning of COVID. So my educated guess is that they’re still restricting parking.

roc

The lot at the top of skyline is usually packed preset early.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Screw it, lets move the ride to Wildcat.
FF5CD46C-51A7-4C96-97AD-D6E0AB0F2147.gif

Ashcor

I was half joking but if its a consideration, logistically I can make it happen. Just a change of parking location and I’ll handle the rest.

i have a good 16-20 mile loop that isn’t full on wildcat gnar, plenty of parking, scenic overlook and a good mix of flow, features and challenges for a group.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Hmm 🤔... why don’t we let the group decide?
  • Original plan: Continue the yearly tradition at Skyline. If parking is impossible, we can divert back to Ringwood, park there and skip the Cannonball section. We’ll still ride ~15 miles.

• Change the ride to Wildcat Ridge: I hear good things about the trails. Jeff knows the area well and will lead. Travel time- I think it’s about the same distance as Skyline for most of us (except Jeff, who I think lives in those woods 😜)

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I’m partial to the original plan. I can get there earlier if necessary. Whoever can hold a parking spot for the others gets extra brownie points.

the schwartz

Dude. I'm in.

I can ride tech but I'm not in great shape. I'll try not to smoke during the ride.

@a.s. will be great to see you it's been years

Edit. Oh you're full. Well fyyff. :)

I do have a minivan and three bike rack, windows down masks on I would take passengers

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Dude. I'm in.

I can ride tech but I'm not in great shape. I'll try not to smoke during the ride.

I do have a minivan and three bike rack, windows down masks on I would take passengers
Dude. I'm in.

PM sent.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I’m making an executive decision. We’re sticking with Skyline. Too many pieces to the puzzle to start over.

NEW START TIME: 9:00am sharp.
For those who are not shuttling please arrive early to the starting point. Try and hold spots if possible. I know it’s a lot to ask but we’ll make it work somehow. Hopefully the chilly morning keeps people away.

Top Bottom