Noise question.

scotth

Hello All,

Today during a race the shifting mechanism (in the front, what's the proper name?) :eek: was making a wratcheting sound, the whole time. It sounded as if I was between shifts. The bike shifted well and stayed in gear but the noise lasted the whole race. I wash the bike with water, it's always clean. After each washing I dry and lube the chain, and send one drop of lube into the spot where the cable meets the black cable guide. So, what do you think could be wrong? Thank you for any information!

Regards,

Scott

BiknBen

Hello All,

Today during a race the shifting mechanism (in the front, what's the proper name?) :eek: was making a wratcheting sound, the whole time. It sounded as if I was between shifts. The bike shifted well and stayed in gear but the noise lasted the whole race. I wash the bike with water, it's always clean. After each washing I dry and lube the chain, and send one drop of lube into the spot where the cable meets the black cable guide. So, what do you think could be wrong? Thank you for any information!

Regards,

Scott

If cleaning th ebike stopped all noises, the bike shops would be out of business. ;)

Top Bottom