Nassau Trail conditions

I rode there for the first time on Sunday. Parked at the Nassau Rd lot. There were a few cars there when I got there at around 11AM, but most were gone by the time we finished. Trails were in great condition. No mud anywhere. We rode about 80% of the trails.

After reading about the jump trail in the "learning to jump" thread, I wanted to check these trails out. Plus, a friend was buying a bike up in Hackettstown and this was on his way home. I wanted to check out the pump track and the related "flow" trail area as well, but we ran out of time. We lost about 20 min on the Sidewinder trail when I went off line, tagged a big rock at speed and double-flatted both tires. Oops.

Jump Trail was definitely not what I had envisioned, but it was fun. I would say the most important thing that needs to be fixed is the berms. They seem sort of half-baked. My friend is much better at riding berms than I am and they caught him out a few times as he'd dive into a corner thinking the berm would carry all the way through the turn, only to see it disappear halfway through.

These trails are over an hour drive away from me, so not likely to be a common destination, but I can see how these would be a great local trail system. Maybe once a year or so to ride something different.

Last edited:
Quick ride @ Nassau tonight. The rain last night helped a lot. Dust was down and trails were good. There is a huge old tree down on the Springside loop/finding the lost bike trail. Easy to get around, but it is going to take some work to clear it out. Smaller trees elsewhere.

PLEASE support us by following these directions. JO

Attachments

• E75050CF-5A49-476D-A2E2-CD051E95AA01.png
    E75050CF-5A49-476D-A2E2-CD051E95AA01.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 149
Can I come I won't hope hicks you
You don't need permission... you need forgiveness lol
Come

Last edited:
Hey Nassau riders! I am planning on hitting these trails tomorrow after work but not extremely familiar. Does anyone have a garmin gpx of a recommended route I could use?
I know I can use Trailforks but garmin is just a bit more convenient to look at while riding.
Thanks a lot!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions