SOLD. SOLD. NOMAD, Santa Cruz, Gen 1, 26" wheels, size Large $900??

overbrook

this is one of the bikes that started us all on the whole desire for enduro trail masher type bikes, before 27.5 and 29

who should buy this, someone who needs a bomber back up bike or wants a bike for a newer younger tall rider or similar, simple 1x9 gearing for the woods and 26" wheels...it's still massively capable and will bring lots of smiles, i'm 6' and about 200lbs fully geared up and looked after this bike for years, adding the patina and keeping it working all the time,

This is aluminum bike over built by Santa Cruz who still supports it with parts like a hanger. I source bearings from my local bearing supplier so these are not Enduro brand any longer, those are long gone

this is a Gen 1 Nomad with the mega 1.5" straight steer tube supporting a Chris King headset and Fox 36 FIT coil fork 160mm of travel and with all working adjustments, slow and hi speed compression and rebound, it has the medium spring and I'm thinking there may be a heavy one in the parts bin too. Seals are the newer style skf greenies, the stancions are sweet, none of that Fox stanchion wear from days of old

20mm thru axel with the twin quick release clamps and axel with flip out lever arm, of course this is 110mm boost and holds an XTR hub with stan flow rim set up for tubeless

Rear is XTR hub and wider stans flow rim, brass nipples, set up for tubeless, it really is a quick release rear hub with a 9 speed 42 tooth cassette and xt 9 speed derailleur, good woods gearing for me with the 28 tooth up front....(you may notice a second ring on crank, it's a 30 and can be manually shifted into by lifting the chain, used infrequently for road transitions)

Rear Rock Shok is as shown, provides 160mm of travel, rebound damping and a switch thing, never used it as this bike rides up and down just fine without fussing.....actually a great shock choice for a back up bike as it can be easily set up for any weight rider, i'm going to include a bushing for the top mount, it's got a tiny bit of slop that totally bugs me, the rest of the pivots, bearings and hanger are tight and work as they should

The seat post will be a Banshee post, twin bolt, the bike has never had a dropper, post shown is actually the back up loaner from the Banshee I now ride

203 rotor up front and 180 in the back, shimano center lock, but no brakes will be on the bike, it's got avid bb7's just to be able to use it for a loaner, you likely have much bigger brakes to put on

Tires still have lots of life

No surprise, no pedals

IMG_3014.jpgIMG_3015.jpgIMG_3017.jpgIMG_3021.jpgIMG_3018.jpgIMG_3019.jpgIMG_3020.jpgIMG_3023.jpgIMG_3022.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
this is one of the bikes that started us all on the whole desire for enduro trail masher type bikes, before 27.5 and 29

who should buy this, someone who needs a bomber back up bike or wants a bike for a newer younger tall rider or similar, simple 1x9 gearing for the woods and 26" wheels...it's still massively capable and will bring lots of smiles, i'm 6' and about 200lbs fully geared up and looked after this bike for years, adding the patina and keeping it working all the time,

This is aluminum bike over built by Santa Cruz who still supports it with parts like a hanger. I source bearings from my local bearing supplier so these are not Enduro brand any longer, those are long gone

this is a Gen 1 Nomad with the mega 1.5" straight steer tube supporting a Chris King headset and Fox 36 FIT coil fork 160mm of travel and with all working adjustments, slow and hi speed compression and rebound, it has the medium spring and I'm thinking there may be a heavy one in the parts bin too. Seals are the newer style skf greenies, the stancions are sweet, none of that Fox stanchion wear from days of old

20mm thru axel with the twin quick release clamps and axel with flip out lever arm, of course this is 110mm boost and holds an XTR hub with stan flow rim set up for tubeless

Rear is XTR hub and wider stans flow rim, brass nipples, set up for tubeless, it really is a quick release rear hub with a 9 speed 42 tooth cassette and xt 9 speed derailleur, good woods gearing for me with the 28 tooth up front....(you may notice a second ring on crank, it's a 30 and can be manually shifted into by lifting the chain, used infrequently for road transitions)

Rear Rock Shok is as shown, provides 160mm of travel, rebound damping and a switch thing, never used it as this bike rides up and down just fine without fussing.....actually a great shock choice for a back up bike as it can be easily set up for any weight rider, i'm going to include a bushing for the top mount, it's got a tiny bit of slop that totally bugs me, the rest of the pivots, bearings and hanger are tight and work as they should

The seat post will be a Banshee post, twin bolt, the bike has never had a dropper, post shown is actually the back up loaner from the Banshee I now ride

203 rotor up front and 180 in the back, shimano center lock, but no brakes will be on the bike, it's got avid bb7's just to be able to use it for a loaner, you likely have much bigger brakes to put on

Tires still have lots of life

No surprise, no pedals

View attachment 140697View attachment 140699View attachment 140700View attachment 140701View attachment 140702View attachment 140703View attachment 140704View attachment 140705View attachment 140706

I think i found your pictures!

duplicate post somehow?

Top Bottom