New here from Piscataway

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Thanks to Marc and the folks over at Pop's Bike Shop, I am the new owner of a 2021 Giant Stance 2, 27.5. Can't wait to get it out on the trails!
Hey D, thank you so much for the support and picking up your cool new rig! Have a blast, let us know if there is anything we can help you with going forward!

Here you go! Took it over to Six Mile Run today, which is where I was riding my old bike. What a difference! The dual suspension is game changing. Glad I came to MTBNJ and glad I went to Pops.

Attachments

• photo_2020-09-11_21-07-43.jpg
    photo_2020-09-11_21-07-43.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 187
  • photo_2020-09-11_21-07-32.jpg
    photo_2020-09-11_21-07-32.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 184

EJphotos

Here you go! Took it over to Six Mile Run today, which is where I was riding my old bike. What a difference! The dual suspension is game changing. Glad I came to MTBNJ and glad I went to Pops.
Sweet looking bike! Should last you a good amount of time, love my Giant. How were the trail conditions at 6MR?

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Oooohh...that looks good dirty! Have fun!

Have you been to Rutgers yet?
Rutgers was one of the first spots I went to a couple months back when I decided to get into riding. I didnt really know where I was going or what trails to follow so I found myself kind of wandering aimlessly. Never actually found any momentum back there though.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Rutgers was one of the first spots I went to a couple months back when I decided to get into riding. I didnt really know where I was going or what trails to follow so I found myself kind of wandering aimlessly. Never actually found any momentum back there though.

Yeah, that's the general vibe of Rutgers. I've worked out a loop that feels like a loop and has the best flow IMO. Loop is below in Blue.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 9.29.58 AM.png

Anyone have any ideas if im looking for some double track with some good climbs? Not looking for anything technical, just looking to work on my endurance.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Jeff_STI

Yeah, that's the general vibe of Rutgers. I've worked out a loop that feels like a loop and has the best flow IMO. Loop is below in Blue.

View attachment 139287

Hey Jim, I'm from South Plainfield like 5 minutes ride from where you start on the map. I did something similar a couple years back, but was kind lost on the rutger reservation, it seen like you know all the trails there. Are you riding this route any time soon? I send you a friend request on strava. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jeff_STI

Anyone have any ideas if im looking for some double track with some good climbs? Not looking for anything technical, just looking to work on my endurance.
If looking for climbs I would definitely recommend Washington valley park AKA Chimney Rock. There you can get a lot endurance. If looking for XC I normally park at my job that is 3 minutes from canal, I normally do on friday's 26 milles con canal and Blue to Red trail on six miles run and back to canal.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I have a loop, but it's small enough that you can explore every trail in an hour or so. It's very beginner friendly except a few weird climbs on Blue.

Top Bottom