New here from Piscataway

What's up everyone? I'm Devin. I'm 31 and I live in Piscataway. I'm just getting into MTB and have only ridden a few times. I'm looking to get a new bike, as the Schwinn I picked up on Craigslist a few years ago didn't hold up for very many rides. I've found a few bikes that are in my price range online. I went out today just to look around at some bikes at some shops. Turns out there are no bikes at shops. I can still order one online, but my issue is going to be assembling the bike. It seems like most shops are backed up and it would be weeks before they would be able to help me out. I'm very new to this and obviously don't know how to assemble it myself. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
Devin, Marc here from Pops Bike Shop in Somerville. What are you looking for bike wise? We have some duals in stock, and are starting to get some bike in (depending on size). Also, feel free to stop in and speak with Paul, who can help you out with info regarding local trails around here. (BTW< where abouts in Piscataway? I grew up there, and still live there.)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome Devin!

Fun sport and good people on here.

Couple of shop owners in here - and lots of valuable info.

Do you have a bike type and budget after looking at the on-line info?
That might help narrow things down, and get you rolling.

GTCHAMPION1

Wel
What's up everyone? I'm Devin. I'm 31 and I live in Piscataway. I'm just getting into MTB and have only ridden a few times. I'm looking to get a new bike, as the Schwinn I picked up on Craigslist a few years ago didn't hold up for very many rides. I've found a few bikes that are in my price range online. I went out today just to look around at some bikes at some shops. Turns out there are no bikes at shops. I can still order one online, but my issue is going to be assembling the bike. It seems like most shops are backed up and it would be weeks before they would be able to help me out. I'm very new to this and obviously don't know how to assemble it myself. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!
Welcome, maybe we'll get to see you on the trails. Check out Halter's Cycles, they carry a large selection of bikes at many price ranges.

Devin, Marc here from Pops Bike Shop in Somerville. What are you looking for bike wise? We have some duals in stock, and are starting to get some bike in (depending on size). Also, feel free to stop in and speak with Paul, who can help you out with info regarding local trails around here. (BTW< where abouts in Piscataway? I grew up there, and still live there.)
Hey Marc. I'm in the Princeton Gardens, right off New Brunswick near the Pepsi plant. Well, I'm looking for something in the $1500 range. I'm 5'10, 190ish so whatever size that would be. I think i had decided on a hardtail rather than FS just because I don't know much about bikes and am not sure I would be able to properly maintain the FS. I may be wrong.

cfrone1

Shop Keep
We have 2021 Giant Stance models in both 29 and 27.5 wheel sizes...fully assembled w/free adjustments, and we will be more than happy to explain maintenance with you, no matter the bike. Also, you would have the support of a local shop if something goes weird, as opposed to an internet address.

We have 2021 Giant Stance models in both 29 and 27.5 wheel sizes...fully assembled w/free adjustments, and we will be more than happy to explain maintenance with you, no matter the bike. Also, you would have the support of a local shop if something goes weird, as opposed to an internet address.
Sounds like I need to take a ride over to Pop's tomorrow.

cfrone1

Shop Keep
Yeah, the Stance may be a bit out of my price range. Really looking to stay under $1500, which is another reason I was leaning towards a hardtail.
Just remember...you can finance it through Giant....pick it up in store....easy way to stretch the budget that little extra you need...

I picked up a Giant Stance 2 from Pop's....love it...they were awesome, very helpful, super nice.... I wasn't looking to spend $1500 either, but the bikes I found for under $1000 were going for double that price on Craigslist and eBay used.... $1500 is very affordable for a full suspension bike and I could not be happier with my purchase!

I picked up a Giant Stance 2 from Pop's....love it...they were awesome, very helpful, super nice.... I wasn't looking to spend $1500 either, but the bikes I found for under $1000 were going for double that price on Craigslist and eBay used.... $1500 is very affordable for a full suspension bike and I could not be happier with my purchase!
Yeah, I didn't realize there were 2 models. The Stance 2 is perfect for what I'm looking to spend. I'm going to be away this weekend, but will hopefully be home Sunday in time to stop into Pop's. The brakes on the 2002 Schwinn I'm using locked up and I haven't been able to ride in a few weeks (because I have no idea how to fix it). I really just got into it too.

Top Bottom