Ringwood 10/21 @ 3:30

xc62701

Meet up at lot C if interested. Looking forward to riding the new trail that was completed this past weekend by a ton of volunteers and the IMBA trail crew. I'm trying to get 2-2.5 hours in at a decent pace(very little stopping). I'm going to hit up the new trail as well as all the other good little stuff in there and maybe even the new trail twice...it's that good ;)

Let me know if anyone is interested.

xc62701

If you didn't get out today you missed a fun day. Ringwood was great. It was a little windy and the clouds were intimidating but it was only a bluff. I started out at lot C and went right to the entrance to the new trail. Took it all the way down to the switchbacks then I went the opposite direction. I then turned around and took it back to the switchbacks. It was soooo much fun. I turned it into a game of can I ride the entire length without putting a foot down. The simple answer...no. I did it in both directions twice and the best I did was putting a foot down twice in either direction. It will go clean...soon. I also got a partial lap of the racecourse in too. I went down the switchbacks to blueberry and ran into a mom and 2 big cubs. I had to talk to them a little and convince them to leave the trail but they did and I kept on going. Just a great time.

metaldork

dammit. verizon knocked out my fios yesterday and i had to sit at home all day waiting for them to fix it. they finally showed up about an hour too late for me to get out to ringwood.

xc62701

Ry,

Was good running into you (and eating your dust). ;)

That new trail is AWESOME! :D

Yea it was good running into you today as well. Sorry I didn't stop to chat I was on a mission! Lol... That new trail is great. I don't know if you got a chance to ride it in the opposite direction, but it's even better the other way. I think it's flowier and a little nicer that way.

xc62701

dammit. verizon knocked out my fios yesterday and i had to sit at home all day waiting for them to fix it. they finally showed up about an hour too late for me to get out to ringwood.

It sux you didn't get out. It was a great day out there!

xc62701

I worked on that new trail and I know it must be awesome to ride . . maybe next week?
Yea lets get a ride going. It's really a great trail. The part that's giving me the most headache's is the section with the super tight s-bend that we worked on. That's a little tricky going up.

S

Shar0se

Yea it was good running into you today as well. Sorry I didn't stop to chat I was on a mission! Lol... That new trail is great. I don't know if you got a chance to ride it in the opposite direction, but it's even better the other way. I think it's flowier and a little nicer that way.

Is flowier a word? :hmmm:

S

Shar0se

I guess it is a word.....

perhaps it is a word....... I typed in flowier and found this ad.....

this vintage scarf necklace from Jacqueline Rose is a light, gentle accent to pair with some of summer's gauzier, flowier dresses.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
That particular switchback is tough...unless you're like Tom and Mr. Pixy of course!

And yes, it is a great trail!

xc62701

;)
Words aside, thanks for posting praise about the trail. That is good to hear and why we are building them. We shot some vid clips of the new part while out today. They are here:

http://teamcampmor.blogspot.com/

Enjoy, and come ride soon.

Sweet vids! I only attempted it the traditional way up and down. In the direction in the video it's not bad, going the other way is a struggle though. That corner is STOOPID tight! It is doable though and I love the challenge ;)

Top Bottom