Ringwood "Epic" Sunday 10/26/08

Glancing Aft

I'm going to be up in Ringwood this Sunday and looking to get a nice long ride in. Start near Ryerson head up to the top of Skyline, around Ramapo lake area, cannonball back up towards Syklands, to Sheperd, the new trail, old trails, good trails, crappy trails all thrown in. Estimated ride time, 3- 4hrs... I'm flexible with pace, not looking to hammer, just want to ride Ringwood...

Any takers let me know, otherwise I'm riding solo. I was planning on starting early but I'm flexible.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
7:30 would be spiffy but it looks like the weather may be iffy.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can I go Norm? I put on a new tire. I promise to jump off of stuff and do that really long log ride.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
New tire is good!

I gotta get the signoff from The Gov first. I have no idea if I've verballed to some event already for this weekend. I try to block them out as soon as I agree to it.

xc62701

You're all a bunch of wusses...lol. Why so early? It depends if I do the Mtn man or not. I'd like to join in...it'd sure be cheaper than spending money to race...

BiknBen

I'll put this is the hat of things to do. The hat has been overflowing lately. I pull from the hat on Saturday night to see what I will be doing the next morning. :eek:

At this point, I have long road ride, 6-Mile TM, and this Ringwood ride in the hat. It's only Wednesday.

Wobbegong

I'll put this is the hat of things to do. The hat has been overflowing lately. I pull from the hat on Saturday night to see what I will be doing the next morning. :eek:

At this point, I have long road ride, 6-Mile TM, and this Ringwood ride in the hat. It's only Wednesday.

You have to come to TM, things will be out of balance without you and Emily. :)

BiknBen

You have to come to TM, things will be out of balance without you and Emily. :)

I put in a couple hours of TM at Allaire last week. I was leaning away from more TM. Not that I don't want to...

I was brainstorming the idea of riding the cross bike to the TM session. That way I still get the riding included in the deal.

GratefulRider

Is this open to the public? I would love to ride and learn Ringwood. I haven't been there in years and the I've only done the race course. If this a genuine open invite, which lot and about how many miles do you intend to cover in 3-4 hours?

MtnRider

Bottom Skyline or Top O' Skyline start?

Hey - I'd like to join you for your romp through Ringwood on Saturday - where are you starting from bottom of skyline or top of skyline (ramapo)?

Glancing Aft

Is this open to the public? I would love to ride and learn Ringwood. I haven't been there in years and the I've only done the race course. If this a genuine open invite, which lot and about how many miles do you intend to cover in 3-4 hours?

Hey - I'd like to join you for your romp through Ringwood on Saturday - where are you starting from bottom of skyline or top of skyline (ramapo)?

The ride's definitely open to the public, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it in a public forum! Just be prepared to ride hard and long, hens the name epic ;) Given Ringwood's terrain I'd like to shoot for a 7mph pace but given the inevitable chats along the way it will probably be about 6mph. So figure we'll be doing about 25 miles. I'd like to do a good chunk of Elzoller's ride from back in August. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6586253 but I really haven't planned specifics yet.

Also I'd like to start from Ryerson school, http://www.mtbnj.com/directory.php?f=show&id=25.

Last edited:
Top Bottom