Smart bike purchase coming right up.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Anyone have one? Thoughts. I am not trying to be talked out of it but I want to make the best decision. So far I am leaning towards the Stages SB20 over the wahoo kickr bike.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Ha, I actually love riding in the house but I hate swapping bijes on/off trainer and the replacing crap if u have a dedicated trainer bike. I just want simple.

These things are stupid expensive, Just build another bike that lives on da trainer for that price, hell, with my wahoo snap i run regular ass tires and it doesn’t destroy them.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
These things are stupid expensive, Just build another bike that lives on da trainer for that price, hell, with my wahoo snap i run regular ass tires and it doesn’t destroy them.
I sold my kickr core for $700. I am too big for wheel on trainers. Couldn’t get mine to stop slipping. I can get the stages bike for $2700 to my door. So on top of an $800-1200 trainer I need minimum a $1000 bike? Then it’s gonna need maintenance.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I sold my kickr core for $700. I am too big for wheel on trainers. Couldn’t get mine to stop slipping. I can get the stages bike for $2700 to my door. So on top of an $800-1200 trainer I need minimum a $1000 bike? Then it’s gonna need maintenance.
Like you are too strong for a trainer?
$1200 trainer plus $1000 bike = $500 savings over a stages bike and the stages basically has no use outside of training. At least a real bike you could ride it at some point.

RobW

$1200 trainer plus $1000 bike = $500 savings over a stages bike and the stages basically has no use outside of training. At least a real bike you could ride it at some point.
maybe he's looking for his quiver killer, do a few indoor races then sell it.

trener1

IF I had the money and the space I would honestly consider one as both me and my wife use the Kickr and moving 2 bikes on and off is a pain, however I would like to point out that even if you want a dedicated trainer bike you dont need to spend a grand, you can get a nice used 10 speed rim brake bike say with 105 or even Tiagra on ebay for $500 and if you keep it on the trainer it will need very minimal maintenance

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Well to each their own. I went with the stages bike. I was able to get it through backcountry.com via activejunky.com for a grand total of $2550 to my door. I take my training a little more seriously than riding a cheap 10speed bike like @trener1 suggests. Also, the amount of maintenance adds up on a regular bike on a trainer. Headset gets all messed up, bottom bracket beari gs, chains etc.
Ultimately this is a bike designed to i tegrate to zwift and all other platforms flawlessly. I bet Sagan can win the tdf on a 1990 Tarmac but why the hell would he want to?

trener1

Look if you enjoy the bike then by all means. not saying that you made a bad desicion.
But as far as actual training benefits on a trainer there is Zero difference between a $500 CAAD 8 on a Neo or Kickr and $10,000 Pinerallo.
Comparing it to winning races on the road is kind of silly

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Well to each their own. I went with the stages bike. I was able to get it through backcountry.com via activejunky.com for a grand total of $2550 to my door. I take my training a little more seriously than riding a cheap 10speed bike like @trener1 suggests. Also, the amount of maintenance adds up on a regular bike on a trainer. Headset gets all messed up, bottom bracket beari gs, chains etc.
Ultimately this is a bike designed to i tegrate to zwift and all other platforms flawlessly. I bet Sagan can win the tdf on a 1990 Tarmac but why the hell would he want to?
Sagan didnt pay $2550 for any of his bikes. I am sorta wondering if you will be too strong for the Stages.

Also, RIP LBS

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Look if you enjoy the bike then by all means. not saying that you made a bad desicion.
But as far as actual training benefits on a trainer there is Zero difference between a $500 CAAD 8 on a Neo or Kickr and $10,000 Pinerallo.
Sagan didnt pay $2550 for any of his bikes. I am sorta wondering if you will be too strong for the Stages.

Also, RIP LBS
Pretty sure they use the Wattbike Atom. The other benefit is it’s simple to change settings so the wife can use it. And the cheapest Cannondale road bike I see is $875. If you suggest something used then chances are I will need to replace chain, cassette etc so not sure how much more affordable it really is. Stages bike has all sensors too and left/right power. If you race zwift you need a cadence sensor as well.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
How much is a neo or kickr after tax/shipping? $1200-1300? Plus $875 cannondale with tax/shipping? Guessing you are pretty much right where I am at with the stages bike.

Top Bottom