28h UST disc only rims available?

gtluke

The Moped
I need to build a wheel, and my epic came with a stout 28h hub but I want to use UST rims because I tore both of my stans strips using a minipump. I find myself on the trails too often and using a minipump and being careful and still tearing it.
Plus my WTB Weirwolf UST tires seems to fall off my rims way too often. anything less than 30psi and a hard turn peels the tire off the rim. really annoying crashing into stuff :)

Right now I have stans rim strips and I cut the valves out of old tubes I had and glued them in. I'm actually stunned that they are holding up but they are. Its only time before that becomes a problem so I would like to run a rim without a rimstrip and just a tire valve.
the mavic 819's only come in 32h and I have a perfectly good 28h stout hub I'd like to use.

advice? opinions? thanks
-luke

gtluke

The Moped
well I think I figured out which length spokes I need.
do they use regular spokes?

i'm pretty amazed how LITTLE information there is online about bicycle mechanics. its like a secret or something.

i still haven't seen how the 819 nipples work in detail.

tim.stevens

gtluke,

I have a complete XM819 rear wheel with XT hub you can have cheap if that would help you. Make an offer.

It is listed on Marketplace.

Tim.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
well I think I figured out which length spokes I need.
do they use regular spokes?

i'm pretty amazed how LITTLE information there is online about bicycle mechanics. its like a secret or something.

i still haven't seen how the 819 nipples work in detail.

you can use any normal spoke, but you'll need the longer length nipples. The nipples go through the little nut things, and then the nuts thread into the rim, since the rim bed is solid.

gtluke

The Moped
so the nuts screw in and bottom out and you still make the adjustment with the nipple? guess you have to be real careful not to thread the nipple out all the way or you'll spend 3 hours trying to get the nipple out of the inside of the rim :D
will 14mm spokes cut it?

Top Bottom