Halter's Cycles Inspired -- (31/31) 2020 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July just for the FUN of it

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
JIYF20-31: Waterloo Sunset
View attachment 135898
Doneity-Done-Done

Wrapped this up with a sunset cruise with my lady friend.

So as always, this was a great month.
Always enjoy this challenge.

This was a particularly good way to pass the pandemic, and clear the head daily. Much needed.

All but one ride was on this bad boy that I built up shortly before the pandemic. (I had one ride that was a little off the grid and I took the hard tail that is fully field serviceable).
View attachment 135897
The Orange Whip

The rest of the rides were from the house, involving a mix of road, rail trail and singletrack, so this is my weapon of choice. Nice to not have to consider what the plan is rolling out, and just choose your own adventure as you go.

Now to set August goals and give OW a much needed cleaning and quick once over.

Congrats to all that competed and completed, and thanks @xtrpureguts for picking up the mantle here!
Cheers all!
1596239744136.gif

Mare

Day 31: Rode 31 days straight! 512 miles, most on the cruiser tank.

Didn't count how many hours, but I was a little over an hour most days, and had a few 3-4 hour rides.

Out of state rides? 0
Out of county rides? 0

BUT I rode the cruiser on the road, gravel, and trails, and through fields and mud. I put a lot of things in the basket and ran errands with it. Today I risked it all to get a pic of the danger sign, and I picked up some local eggs. I was $1 short so the woman told me to take the eggs and bring it another time. Haha!!

7.31.20 4.jpg

7.31.20 94.jpg

7.31.20 6.jpg

20200731_201329.jpg

Last edited:

xtrpureguts

Day 31
Congrats to all the participants. Thanks for helping to keep my July streak going. I think I’ve completed each of the last 3 years. I’ll likely keep going for a while. I’ve gotten good at blending easy and hard days to avoid the overuse injuries.
B2EEA87C-75FB-4A6D-BE3E-B17F2B86FFB1.jpeg

22F085D3-CFE1-46A3-ADDB-AA0ECA8EA41B.jpeg

E13C5BAD-EB98-4C8E-A448-9FDCCAB3761F.jpeg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 31
I’ve ridden from the condo to this bridge and back every year since 2008. It’s one of my staple rides when I’m down here in Maryland (although bridge is in Delaware).
Congrats to everyone who finished!!
A0A1A6F1-10A7-4870-B23A-9DBE2D576BA6.png

Mare

Besides Dan cause he already started, what's the August plan? 😂 I'll likely regret asking cause I want a month to do whatever I want before school picks up in September.

And we need an hour a day challenge in the winter. We did the hottest month, so let's do the coldest too.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m not gonna do this thread after yesterday. I’m gonna do the thing that roc posted.

With the hurricane I may miss Tue/Wed so my streak might come to and end.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Besides Dan cause he already started, what's the August plan? 😂 I'll likely regret asking cause I want a month to do whatever I want before school picks up in September.

And we need an hour a day challenge in the winter. We did the hottest month, so let's do the coldest too.

What Norm said.

the 150/450 challenge!

ekuhn

I sat this year out but Ive completed the 31/31 challenge twice and know the mental and physical struggle.

You should all be proud! Quite the accomplishment!

Mare

What Norm said.

the 150/450 challenge!

I think I am out. Maybe. Unless I get talked into it.

xtrpureguts

I'm jumping in on the August 150 / 450 challenge. I've been taking care of a 90 year old Uncle and Mother in Law - so have been avoiding crowds. Therefore, I haven't been doing group or park rides. I think I'm now comfortable hitting some of the bigger, less popular parks on weekdays. I rode Allaire today and really enjoyed it.

That being said ... I'll still attempt riding every day. Today was 85 in a row based on the Halters rules. I think i made it just passed 175 last year.

Top Bottom