Allamuchy North Conditions

Apache1

Rode Lumpy today for the first time in a long time, and it was my first time seeing the new trail markings. I like them a lot. They are very helpful for finding your way, and they are not really obtrusive at all. Also, Lumpy is in fantastic shape, Thanks!
Thanks Jim!

phillychris498

Figured I’d devote today to some simple trail work, as I was expecting the tropical storm from yesterday to drop a lot of debris on the trails. Overall I hiked about 3.5 miles of unique trail (Cardiac up to the top, Rollie pollie, the top of cardiac bypass and the bottom of white) and didn’t find any fresh blow downs that need a chainsaw. I hiked cardiac up to the top and only found this rotted log to clear out:

B8932242-C6B4-4292-B178-1BF9D116C9E3.jpeg

36E54B39-261F-4854-93D0-1A5C879A0C9C.jpeg

Then I went over to Rollie pollie and cleared out the thorn bushes/branches that were hanging over the trail or blocking sight-lines around turns. I cleared out the little drop to make it more rideable too. Hopefully the other side of the park lucked out without any new big trees too.

phillychris498

No rain fell while I was there (about 3 hours this afternoon) and the trails were actually drying out pretty quickly given the amount of rain we got yesterday. Should be pretty good riding tomorrow afternoon, with river crossings still higher than normal.

xc62701

No rain fell while I was there (about 3 hours this afternoon) and the trails were actually drying out pretty quickly given the amount of rain we got yesterday. Should be pretty good riding tomorrow afternoon, with river crossings still higher than normal.
Nice work! Much appreciated.

I was in North the other day and by the stream crossing at the end of the inner Boyscout loop where it meets ditch/cardiac there was a big tree down. Also on the top of the Roly bypass trail there is a tree down that is face height with some nubs that have already caused damage to @Santa. Pic attached for locations.
4A12F467-5208-4FFE-930A-1981661BF016.jpeg

phillychris498

I was in North the other day and by the stream crossing at the end of the inner Boyscout loop where it meets ditch/cardiac there was a big tree down. Also on the top of the Roly bypass trail there is a tree down that is face height with some nubs that have already caused damage to @Santa. Pic attached for locations. View attachment 134085
Are you talking about the tree on purple right after the intersection with white? I thought that one would be doable with a handsaw. I remembered that there was a blowdown over there when I was on my way down purple going back to the car... too late :(

xc62701

Are you talking about the tree on purple right after the intersection with white? I thought that one would be doable with a handsaw. I remembered that there was a blowdown over there when I was on my way down purple going back to the car... too late :(
Nope it’s just off purple on the other side of that stream crossing. It’s bigger than a handsaw. I saw this down on Thursday.

phillychris498

Did a ride at north today... found 2 trees that haven’t been mentioned. One on the connector trail between Earthworm and Yellow, and one on the trail that connects Lumpy Bumpy and white. X marks the spots:

018340AC-F00F-4C15-A0C9-B14DE1FFC927.jpeg
6C614863-5640-44E6-BDAE-C2B6C23C6948.jpeg

littlev21

more tree reports, Thanks. when riding from continental lot, right when you exit the white single track reroute, at the stream crossing a large trunk (dead fall). and off of red heading out to blue, a really large trunk.

Fat Trout

I was in North the other day and by the stream crossing at the end of the inner Boyscout loop where it meets ditch/cardiac there was a big tree down. Also on the top of the Roly bypass trail there is a tree down that is face height with some nubs that have already caused damage to @Santa. Pic attached for locations. View attachment 134085
how big would you guess that one is on the bypass?

ryderX

I hope didn’t damage his purdy little mouth.

Took a ride today everything’s in pretty good shape just really dry. Lumpy bumpy for the first time today that is no joke. I still have trouble getting a feel for that park, i’m still trying to figure out a decent loop.
How does candy ass compare to lumpy bumpy?

Fat Trout

Took a ride today everything’s in pretty good shape just really dry. Lumpy bumpy for the first time today that is no joke. I still have trouble getting a feel for that park, i’m still trying to figure out a decent loop.
How does candy ass compare to lumpy bumpy?
Takes longer and is more spread out between features. Overall features vary with some harder than lumpy bumpy. It doesnt just flow with a ride like other trails do, you have to want to go there. It starts high and spits you out low but Its worth checking out. Dont feel bad if you walk a number of things, especially on a first pass through.

Takes longer and is more spread out between features. Overall features vary with some harder than lumpy bumpy. It doesnt just flow with a ride like other trails do, you have to want to go there. It starts high and spits you out low but Its worth checking out. Dont feel bad if you walk a number of things, especially on a first pass through.
I have a hard time finding a decent flow through the park. Allamuchy mountain has it’s own distinctive feel to it. I’m just going to have to keep on exploring.

phillychris498

I have a hard time finding a decent flow through the park. Allamuchy mountain has it’s own distinctive feel to it. I’m just going to have to keep on exploring.
A good ride for a first pass at Candy Ass is up white, up cardiac bypass to purple, down to candy ass, and then either out on purple or end on the orange loop. About 5.5-7 miles (if you do the orange) and 1,000 feet of vertical feet.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions