High Bridge: NJ’s first professionally built flow trails on public land.

goldsbar

With one exception - ironically that optional double at the bottom of the GREEN - I view everything on both tracks as a pump, not a jump. You can go quite fast without getting an inch of air, including the tables. It's just the pump track on a slant. Not that I'm against progression drops; just don't know how that will play out with people getting hurt and someone will.

If you want some drops and easy doubles, they're a five minute bike ride away on the trails.

TammyRn

I've been to high bridge a bunch of times and parked on Nassau. Where do I find the new flow trails? Thx

1TrackMind

I had a hard time finding them as well, park in the lot for columbia trail off n. Main Street. Instead of walking right out the parking lot for Columbia trail, go left, they are behind a big fence,

02camaro

I've been to high bridge a bunch of times and parked on Nassau. Where do I find the new flow trails? Thx
use this link for the parking lot for the pump track/downhill trails. the trails are behind a closed off section for the DPW, there is a open section in the fence for foot traffic and the trails are right behind the dog park

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
First time here and I'm loving it.
20200718_150433.jpg

Live trailside review of Green Flash:
Took me 4-5 runs to really dial it in. Was pumping the rollers too hard and over clearing the tables so had to strategically place my brake checks and scrubs. Last jump is the only double and it's a lot bigger than the tables so need to let the bike go faster than you think. Feels so good to nose dive into that landing perfectly smooth.
20200718_152832.jpg

This former Dual Slalom racer is quite happy. Now to try Blue Steel.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Blue Steel is a significant step up from the green. Even more so if you want to gap or manual the many doubles and triples. I'm having a hard time mustering up the cojones to gap them clipped in on my trail hardtail with no pads. So far I only sent the first and last doubles. The first one is a huck bc the lip is way too flat but the last one feels great diving into a small gully and then stepping up out of it. Will probably come back with my dirt jumper on knobbies and some pads to really get after it on Blue. Also, I prefer climbing up on the left (blue) side trail.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
So if i have the following bikes at my disposal, and have a background in Dual Slalom racing and dirt jumping, which bike would be most appropriate for the new flow trails?

150mm modern trail bike
trail hardtail with dropper post
proper dirt jumping hardtail (but with gears so i can climb up)

and if the answer is dirt jumper, do i need to throw some knobbies on it?
So answering my own question here i think the optimal bike to ride these trails properly is a Dirt Jumper with knobby tires (for the gritty/gravelly surface) and gears (so you can climb up). That said, any bike will roll and you'll still have fun. I would not bring a downhill bike though - way overkill. Some of the transitions on Green might be a bit short/steep for jumping 29ers and long wheelbase bikes but whatever, rung what you brung.

EJphotos

I'd like to try these trails out this Friday morning. Anyone around then?

Planning to make a trip tomorrow morning, if anyone is free and wants to ride along. I'll be slow especially since this will be my first time here, and I'm just slow. lol.

rick81721

Lothar
so these trails are nowhere near nassau? I thought they were back behind those new trails east of nassau road. sorry to the guy I told a few weeks ago to look there!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Saw a spotted lanterfly here yesterday. Bummed to see them taking over.

the track could use a racking and heavy broom. lots of loose rocks working out of the soil.

wineberries are plentiful,my daughter ate twice her share.
AC236351-EA17-439B-A48E-A26A11AC319D.jpeg
EC62FBF0-C06B-4261-AC71-6368BCC04ABA.jpeg

Top Bottom