Fun times at the Rock

walter

Fourth Party
What a great day for a ride. Today was the spark that I needed to remind me why its so great to be out on the bike. Went to CR and had an awesome day. Just about 2.5 hours of saddle time and did pretty much the entire park.

Started out at Newmans, across the street to blue for a loop and some exploring then back to the lot and over to white. After white hopped out onto CR road and through the ball fields. There was some boy scout trail clean up going on so I didnt do much over there, just rode down and crossed Gilbride to the yellow. Up and around the yellow, hung out at the overlook with some bird watchers then continued on back to Gilbride and up onto orange, then down and across the street over to red. Most of red then back to the lot at Newmans to call it a day.

Not to many people out but passed a few over by blue mostly. The weather was perfect and the trails are in great shape. The Ergon bag worked wonderfully again, I'm really liking this bag. Came home to an empty house so I'm going to make some lunch and relax before me and mrs walter head to a wedding tonight.

Great day today, I hope you all get to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did you ride the new trail?!?! How'd you like it?

Also, I agree that it's a great ride right now. Get it while it's dry!!!

walter

Fourth Party
To be honest I'm not sure. As I re-read the description you sent me the other day, I don't think I did. But now that I think of it, I went down the dirt road instead of crossing it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
To be honest I'm not sure. As I re-read the description you sent me the other day, I don't think I did. But now that I think of it, I went down the dirt road instead of crossing it.

You mean the formerly dirt, but now paved, road? The one that goes to the overlook? If so, then you missed it.

I'm hoping to be there again early tomorrow morning to ride the park every which way.

walter

Fourth Party
yep I was on the yellow and popped out onto the road by the museum and then rode that to the overlook. I will be back there Friday and will look for it then.

walter

Fourth Party
That eagles nest place, looks like a little house. Big gravel parking lot. Its right next to the overlook.

walter

Fourth Party
The sign says its a museum, but it could just be an old coot living there trying to get some cash from showing off his junk.

Top Bottom