Halter's Cycles Inspired -- (31/31) 2020 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July just for the FUN of it

jackx

July 9: Local, with a legendary sunset at the lake. While in the area, I checked out the condition of the Station Rd. parking lot for Stephens State Park.

https://strava.app.link/mu5aHUtD07

1594392001333.png

3A593E52-9FBD-4466-8AC3-575447F0EA87.jpeg
877EAC75-83F3-4C84-9D5E-C1458576BF51.jpeg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but hot damn if there wasn’t a maze of homegrown moto/mtb trails all up in there complete with rocks, jumps, and log rollers!

I'm pretty sure there is a ton of moto shit and maybe part of the Highlands Trail on the other side of the road. You might even be able to get to the Roseville tunnel all on dirt. You should explore it all and then give me a tour.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm pretty sure there is a ton of moto shit and maybe part of the Highlands Trail on the other side of the road. You might even be able to get to the Roseville tunnel all on dirt. You should explore it all and then give me a tour.
Haha I was going to ask if you knew anything about that land. It seems like something you would have explored already. The area northwest of where I was on the map just looks like a whoooole lotta nothin....prime @JimN territory.
1594436825419.png

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The area northwest of where I was on the map just looks like a whoooole lotta nothin....prime @JimN territory.

Strava tells me there's stuff there. Looks like mostly moto stuff though, never made it over there. If it was in my backyard though, I'd have explored all of it ?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
11/31 We're over a third of the way there! My 7 year old son has always liked to ride his bike but he's really turned it up a notch this week. He did 3 of my rides with me this week and racked up just under 25 miles for the week. He asked for some riding gloves and they were delivered yesterday so of course he had to try them out today.

20200711_191317239_iOS.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
July 11
Today was all about jumps.

I don’t know why but I’ve had some mental hang up about jumping this year... which is dumb because I’ve been sending huge jumps for years and the tech trails I’m riding lately are way sketchier. Maybe it’s because I quit drinking ?

anyways, was meeting up with some dudes today that session jumps religiously so I knew what was going to happen. I brake checked the first one like ten times before I got mad enough at myself to send it. As soon as I floated that first one it all came rushing back to me and I immediately went and hit 3 huge drops I’ve never done before. So much adrenaline today ?
https://strava.app.link/VyI08a1J27
1594502051891.png

Cassinonorth

What tires are those and how do you like them?

WTB Resolutes 650bx42mm. So far so good, more grip than the Byways I was running on gravel before. Rolled decently quick...I think was averaging over 16mph on the way out before I kinda fell apart on the way back. Will probably take them out to a real gravel ride in Bedminster soon to see how they do.

Top Bottom