- Name: Jeremy Short
- mtbnj.com screen name: jShort (profile)
- Hometown: Glen Gardner, NJ
- Occupation: "Engineer" and I use the term loosely. I'm really more of a people person.
- Class: Cat 1
- On the Team Since: 2010
- Years Riding: 5
- Current Bikes: Carbon Scalpel, GF Rig, Super6, Some cross bike I don't remember the name of but its really cool and light
- Tire Choice: Schawble Racing Ralphs
- Favorite Park in NJ: Mooch North, 6 Mile
- Most Epic Ride: My most epic ride was a trip to Vegas where me and a few friends hit up Bootleg Canyon. There was no crazy mileage, but the terrain was epic. I need to get back.
- 29ers are: What I ride. I wouldn’t say Ill never ride another 26 inch bike, but there are no plans for that in the immediate future.
- Backpack or Bottles?: Camelbak for racing. I've decided actually being hydrated is way better than looking cool.
- When I'm not riding a bike, I'm: changing diapers
- 50 closing words that may or may not mean anything: Be nice, say thank you, and please once in a while. It goes a long way.
- Other Interests: Who has time for other interests?
- Keep a training log? Sure. Strava?
- Electronics? Garmin 800, iPod, Android Phone. All are used in one way or another.
- Nutrition on the bike: I've been using Gu Brew exclusively lately. The electrolyte for the ride and recovery mix for the post ride.
- Nutrition after the ride: See above for the recovery shake. After that, its whatever my lovely wife made for dinner.
- Any special pre-race breakfast? Blueberry pancakes and bottles of syrup, bagels, avocados,
- Road bikes are for: people who want to get hit by cars
- Joined team just after midpoint of the year.
Planned for 2011
- I could shoot for the stars and say I want to upgrade to Cat 1 and be a force. But I'll be realistic and say I just want to stay healthy, improve my training, gain some structure, read a few training books, and have fun.
Single speed-a-palooza - First in NJ Sport
H2H #1 - Wawayanda Spring Cleaning - First in Cat 2 30-34
H2H #3 - Lewis Morris Challenge - First in Cat 2 30-34
MASS Series - Fair Hills classic 18 of 23 in Cat 1 / Expert Class
H2H #4 - Bulldog Rump, Kittatinny Valley SP 4th in Cat 2 30-34