- Name: Fred Brown
- mtbnj.com screen name: ArmyOfNone (profile)
- Hometown: Hillsborough, NJ
- Occupation: I pack heat and clean streets for a livin.
- Class: MTB: Cat 1 Road: Cat 3 CX: Cat 1
- On the Team Since: 2008
- Years Riding: Years? How bout Months? I remember my first ride like it was yesterday...
- Current Bike: I go through them so fast, I can't keep track.
- Tire Choice: tire choice doesn't matter. It's all abot pressure, baby.
- Favorite Park in NJ: The one that allows me to finish in one piece.
- Most Epic Ride: the one where all my shit breaks and I end up walking home.
- 29ers are: The shiznit, Son!
- Backpack or Bottles?: Backpack full of beer bottles.
- When I'm not riding a bike, I'm: ...riding yo Moma
- 50 closing words that may or may not mean anything: Whatup, son?
- Other Interests: Shooting thugs, shootin my mouth!
- Keep a training log? Yes, I am under the esteemed tutelage of Ben Tufford of Cognition Coaching.
- Electronics? Garmin Edge 500 HRM + Powertap
- Nutrition on the bike: Gushers!
- Nutrition after the ride: Beer!
- Any special pre-race breakfast? Its peanut butter jelly time!
- Road bikes are for: making my MTB obsolete
I have been fortunate to be with MTBNJ since its inception. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Our squad is kick ass and is a prominant force at races all across the region. I have made many good friends as a result and expect that to continue as the team continues to grow.
<sgallery> File:Fred2.jpg|Kid looks happy doesn't he? File:Fred3.jpg|Turn turn turn File:Fred4.jpg|Muddy </sgallery>
- Horseshoe Scramble 6
- Staten CX 3.0 16
- Cyclocross at the Hidden Valley Club 5
- Fair Hill 2
- HPCX 4
- Beacon Cross 5
- Fifth Street Cross 1
- Fifth Street Cross 1
- Granogue Cross 5
- Westwood Velo Cross 6
- Westwood Velo Cross 8
- Hillbilly Hustle V.5 6
- Whirlybird 'Cross @ Bryn Athyn College 8
- Charm City Cyclocross 2
- Charm City Cyclocross 3
- Blueberry Bicicletta Road Race 7
- Nittany Lion Cross 13
- Phillipsburg Criterium 22
- Course de Marlton-Evesham-Marlton 19
- Freedom Tour 28
- The Zeppelin Criterium 12
- NJ State Road Race Championship 16
- Tour of High Bridge 9
- Bound Brook Cycling Classic 44
- Tymor Park Challenge 5
- 2010 NJBA Team Challenge 24
- 2010 Rahway River Park Criterium 7
- Tour of the Battenkill 5
Planned for 2011
- A big goal for the road season was to acquire my Cat 3 upgrade. It took a bit longer than expected but now I can put that behind and focus on this coming cross season.
- For 2011 I will be racing cyclocross as an Elite Cat 1 racer. That means every weekend Ill be lining up with the likes of Tim Johnson, Jeremy Powers and Adam Myerson just to name a few! I am excited for this season. I am sure it will be full of ups and downs. But I am going to do my best to stay focused train hard and race smart. The rest will fall into place. See ya out there!
Come check me and the rest of Team MTBNJ.com-Halters Cycles at the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Cyclocross Series! Some of the best cross in the East!
- Round 1 September 10th Nittany Cross Day 1
- Round 2 September 11 Nittany Cross Day 2
- Round 3 September 17th Charm City Day 1
- Round 4 September 18th Charm City Day 2
- Round 5 September 25th Whirlybird Cyclocross
- Round 6 October 15th Granogue Cross Day 1
- Round 7 October 16th Granogue Cross Day 2
- Round 8 October 29th Beacon Cyclocross
- Round 9 October 30st Highland Park Cross
- Round 10 November 12th FSVS XCross at Fair Hill
- Round 11 November 19th Super Cross Cup Day 1
- Round 12 November 20st Super Cross Cup Day 2
- Round 13 December 10th Geler Votre Cul Cyclocross
- Round 14 December 11th Limestone Cross at the Kiln