- Name: David Clapp
- mtbnj.com screen name: dc29
- Hometown: Bridgewater, NJ
- Occupation: pipefitter
- Class: Men cat 1, 50+
- On the Team Since: 2012
- Years Riding: 15 years
- Current Race Bike: 2010 Gary Fisher Paragon
- Tire Choice: Bontrager 29-3, Maxxis Ignitor
- Favorite Park in NJ: Ringwood
- Most Epic Ride: 2011 Bearscat 50, it was more painful than epic but it's all I've got.
- 29ers are: for me
- Backpack or Bottles?: Camelbak for racing, bottles for riding
- When I'm not riding a bike, I'm: spending time with my family
- 50 closing words that may or may not mean anything:
- Other Interests: skiing, beer drinking
- Training Coach?
- Keep a training log? Strava and Garmin
- Electronics? Garmin 705 with HRM
- Nutrition on the bike: Clif Bars and Shot-Bloks
- Nutrition after the ride: Burger King
- Any special pre-race breakfast? Oatmeal, bagels
- Road bikes are for: riding when the trails are too wet and chasing after second-rate Strava KOM's
Wawayanda- 4th Cat. 1 50+
MTBNJ.com Short Track Series- 12th
Lewis Morris- 2nd Cat. 1 50+
Bearscat 50- 5th 45+
Stewart Six Pack- 3rd 45+
Blue Mountain 2nd Cat. 1 50+
Taconic 909- 3rd Cat. 1 50+
Plans for 2012
I'm hoping to reach the podium for a H2H race.
I'm racing H2H, Bearscat, DH40, and the Stewart Six Pack.