Zion TT Thread

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ahh sweet! Great idea Kev. Zion is part of one of my regular road loops. Going away this weekend but will likely bang one out next week.

BiknBen

Chemgirl and I went up Zion during our recovery ride today. Yeah, that's right, we climb these roads during our recovery rides. :getsome: Now that she knows the road, you guys better get fast or you may get "Chicked".

The next time I find myself on this road, it won't be for recovery.

I didn't hit the lap button. I can make my own laps in TrainingPeaks.
Snapshot of climb:
ZionLarge.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
He just did it.

I'm going to run up it cx style with a bike on one shoulder and my daughter on the other. Then you'll all really be chicked.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
well ben, i did just do a race so this was my recovery day, it was super hot and my left knee hurt really bad so i was kind of taking it easy and it also didn't help that i had cross tires on and was really rough and i also felt really sick the whole day before and i also only had a greek salad with NO salad dressing so i know my energy level was really low as well as my electrolytes so i'll give it a real go one day this time was totally just a BS time to see what is possible because i'm sure i could crush kevins time if i actually tried but who really cares i ride a mountain bike in the woods i also dont shave my legs so maybe that has something to do with it because i bet if i shaved my legs i could easily be in the tour de france and probably even train with tommyd

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll probably never do this, just because I dont like driving to ride my road bike. But what's the total climbing in this tt? Just curious.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I thought it was 2.5 ish miles?

I want to see Fred and Ilya do it. I'll use the same excuse as Jeremy but truth is I'm fat and would be slow. There's a mile at the top where it flattens out, right? That would be my only chance.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I thought it was 2.5 ish miles?

I want to see Fred and Ilya do it. I'll use the same excuse as Jeremy but truth is I'm fat and would be slow. There's a mile at the top where it flattens out, right? That would be my only chance.

The 1.4 miles is for the climb itself and yes, it flattens out on top and is the only reason my avg speed is 16 mph since I avg probably 22 on the top. I think my top speed was 27 or 28 on my last attempt. The grade for this really isn't steep, so I think you would be able to hammer up it. I pick fred as top seed on this, unless Maurice does it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom