Zion 853EBB Frame 19" with extras

Mr.Moto

Bump - Still for sale - Lower prices!

For sale is a 19" frame I had built as a loaner bike. This is Nashbar Bikes house brand frame that is no longer built. A nice frame built with legendary Reynolds 853 steel. The frame has an EBB so you can run it geared or single speed. V Brake and disc compatible for the ultimate flexibility. This is a 26" wheel frame.

This frame is used and has typical wear and tear, but no major dings or dents.

I am including with the frame the headset, Shimano XT front derailleur, seatpost clamp, and seatpost (no saddle or BB) for $100 OBO.

Here are reviews of the frame:
http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/singlespeed/zion/853ebb-frame/PRD_364492_1533crx.aspx

I probably have enough parts to build a complete bike if that is what you are looking for.

I have two 26" wheelsets (tube only) available including:

Hope XC/ Sun DS1-XC disc rims used (one Red rim / one black rim)- $90 OBO
XT / X317 disc rims new take offs (shown below) - SOLD
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Attachments

• P1000719.JPG
    P1000719.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 134
  • P1000720.JPG
    P1000720.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 79
  • P1000714.JPG
    P1000714.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

In case anyone was wondering this frame was sold to me haha. Just finished it last night after a year in the basement.

2012-04-22233007.jpg

I bought it as a loaner too and here it is assembled with some spare parts. My first attempt setting up 2x9 with no bash or granny. Just max in the lower limit screw and take out as many links as you can for tight chain. 2x10 another gimmick! However, maxing in the lower limit only prevents the rider from accidently dropping the chain into where the granny would be. So you actually have to hand position the FD and then bolt down the cable and then play with the adjustment barrerls.

Sending this to my buddy in OH who is a pretty good road rider but no $ for mtb. He is doing the 100miler with me. I have to say, this is a pretty good loaner. Although it's one size larger for me, I'm pretty excited to try it myself. I guess I'm curious to know if the 2x9 will drop chain and how the 853 steel will ride. Pair that was some older hope hubs (still loud as hell). I like it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom